“Surprised!”

Cuisines: Italian
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
“Surprised!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed at the Nashville Airport Marriott for the Music City Marathon, and wanted to eat Italian not too far away. My daughter-in-law found a recommendation for Mozzarella on a website, and we decided to try it. It is located in the end of an older strip mall, and on Saturday evening at supper time there were only two other cars near it in the whole parking lot. To be honest, I took that as a bad sign. We went in, and it had a nice feel to it. There was one table occupied in the whole place, so we had a good choice of where to seat. The hostess was also our waitress, and quickly brought menus, and took our drink order. We ordered the twisted garlic bread sticks for an appetizer, and even though it took a while, they arrived freshly baked and were very good. I had pasta with meat sauce, my daughter had pasta with meat balls, and my son had a pizza. All took a while, but all were very good. An added plus was a female singer accompanied by a guitar player, and they were excellent! I still cannot understand as good as the food is, and as reasonable as the price is, why the place was nearly empty on a Saturday evening! If I'm back in the area, I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joe K

Nashville, Tennessee
“DELIVERY WITH ATTITUDE!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Cajun Chicken Alfredo & Chocolate Cake (Delivery)

Mildly disappointed with the food; EXTREMELY disappointed with the service!!

ADVERTISED on menu as including breadsticks... NO BREAD at all with order. Alfredo sauce dry and chicken overcooked.

DELIVERY WITH ATTITUDE!
Driver left voicemail - replied immediately via text:

Me: Hi - this is X - my phone does not work to call right now but I can text - are you lost? [10:37 PM]
Driver: Your house number is wrong 6142 doesn't exist [10:39 PM]
Driver: ?? [10:40 PM]
Driver: What is your house number? [10:40 PM]
Driver: ?? [10:40 PM]
Me: Yes it does - if you are coming from.... [10:41 PM]

When he arrived I was waiting with the porch light on. I began to light-heartedly apologize, cut short by him barking "Have a good night," as he shoved the bag in my hands and turned before even reaching the top of the stairs. Next time I order delivery, I will remember not to tip the driver on my card BEFORE I receive my order!

GrubHub should be aware there is absolutely NO need in this place's order process to "opt out" of napkins/plasticware/etc... I did NOT opt out, as I actually needed those items. The only paper product that came with this delivery was the brown bag it was delivered in!

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Authentic & freshly-made...”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Looking for a Monday evening late dinner east of Nashville, we were referred to Mozzarella. I admit to being skeptical when we approached the strip mall, but was pleasantly surprised with the restaurant's roominess and respectable motif featuring work by local artists.

Our meal included baked lasagna, chicken parmigiana (thanks for the recommendation, Luckybum!), and a medium pizza. While the pizza was nothing to write home about, the main entrees sparkled. It's obvious that the ingredients are fresh and prepared with care. The sauce was right on. The hidden bonus was the bread sticks, which were more like garlic bread crullers - and perfectly delicious.

We'll be back...

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DiscriminatingPalate
Memphis, Tennessee
“Italy Near The Hermitage!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our family visited The Hermitage and were starving after the tour. We saw this little store front italian place and didn't expect much. However it exceeded our expectations by far! The pizza was amazing and the chicken parmigiana was the absolute best I've ever had. We were there on a Friday night and it was song writer's night. If we weren't already headed back to Memphis, we would have loved to stay but the food was fantastic and the music was fun to listen to. I'm dreaming about the food and pondering driving 3 hours just for Mozzarella's!

• Visited July 2011