“Reminiscent of Home”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Reminiscent of Home”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I have European origins (German and Czechoslovokian). For many years we have tried restaurants in Nashville claiming to serve German food . . . what a disappointment! Cafe Bosnia prepares excellent Eastern European food . . . stuffed cabbage, cucumber salad, jäger schnitzel, bratwurst, ect. . . . just like Mom and Oma.

Chief Salalia always, warmly greets us, and the aromas of freshly cooked meals are fabulous. We would highly recommend Cafe Bosna for a unique and wonderful dining experience.

• Visited June 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
“Best food since arriving from Europe!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice Bosnian lady and great real homemade food! A relief after those American chains I ate at last 4 months! My favourite!

• Visited June 2013
Hermitage, Tennessee
“Home away from home”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Small restaurant with cozy atmosphere the owner always have some nice words to greet us, we like to eat there at least once a month or more. The menu and the flavors remind me of my childhood in Eastern Europe and for me personally very close to what my mom used to cook. lt's BYOB restaurant which I really like. My recommendation for first timers in here is the spinach pie or beef pie with cucumber salad.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We loved this little place that was full of charm and tasty food. The dishes are hardy and rustic--Homemade sausages, beef pies, middle European fare. It's a treat to find a restaurant in Hermitage that isn't a chain and the same, old thing. You should definitely try out this one. Good food, good prices, good change of pace.

• Visited March 2013
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
“Terrific restaurant!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had salad and cabbage soup. We split an entree of different types of sausages. For dessert it was red velvet cake. Everything was super and the owner was delightful!!!!!

Visited February 2013