“Average Golden....”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We ate breakfast here during our trip and it was okay. Food was fresh and hot but not much of a selection compared to other Golden Corral's we have been too. Also, there was one of the cooks who was going off on another staff member, loudly, while cooking an omelette and I thought it was completely inappropriate.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went around 4 food was fresh and hot . Meal was great however the our waitress did not wait on us I had to go ask for water . A lot of the waitress was standing yacking to each other . Ice cream machine ran out because the people was not watching it. A group o school kids was there getting dessert and making it almost impossible to get your dessert because they were standing in front of all the desserts. Took them about 15 minutes to get there they not move out so other could get theirs they stand and yack . We had gone there before it not been bad . This time I was disappointed.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stopped in for lunch while visiting family in the area, Have been to many different Golden Corrals in different states. But to say the least I will NEVER go back to this one.
Most of the foods were so , so, salad bar had food siting out on prep tables, with no staff around. And a lot of empty containers.
Most Golden Corrals are know for their soft yeast rolls, this one had small un proofed bricks, they are also know to have a large variety of desserts, but here they hade the three fountains, with old marshmallows, soft strawberries, and the worst rice krispy treats ever, IU know this is a buffet, but I could understand so of these things but they were not at all busy while we were there.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We just left here at 5:30pm on New Years Day and we were not the only family demanding a refund. The "holiday" dinner price with drink was around $15 per person. This place was nice in the past so we had no reason not to avoid this place, but I can wholeheartedly advise everyone to avoid this place in the future.

First of all we noticed the mess. The floor was filthy, including ice cream cones, spilled food and trash. The food bar was a mess too. I don't think anyone had wiped them down all day. Several serving spoons were so coated with spills that your hands would get dirty. So many pans of food were empty that everyone was complaining. What was really unappetizing were the (at least) four containers of chopped eggs sitting unattended on the table behind the salad bar. If that was visible and at risk to give me food poisoning, what else was going to make me sick? The silverware containers were more than empty and the dishes were dirty. It was just disgusting. We have never in our life asked for our money back, but after about 15 minutes of giving the place the benefit of the doubt, we walked out. But not before we stood in line with several others to get our money back. It was quite a disappointment for this once pleasant restaurant.

1  Thank Annie70
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Arrangements were made to bring a bus of adult seniors to this restaurant 2 months prior to our visit. At least 2-3 different managers talked with me about the details and cost of the meal. The day before our visit, I called them to remind them we would be stopping there for dinner. One hour before we arrived, I called to let them know our time of arrival. I was told they were ready for us but when we arrived most of the buffet was either empty or there was barely enough food for you to put on your plate. It was most embarrassing to me that our group asked several times if the restaurant knew we were coming. Feedback received from the trip evaluations was that we should avoid Golden Corral restaurants at any cost. Certainly the food was not worth what it cost us. The waitresses were friendly and accommodating but that was the only highlight of our visit. The restaurant was dirty, the dishes were dirty, the buffet line was picked over. We travel every month with this group and I dare say, we will not include Golden Corral on our itinerary in the future.

2  Thank JRAP2013