“I wish I had read the reviews!!!!!!! And I see that the owner only answers to the GOOD REVIEWS.... imagine that!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family... Husband, son, and 3 daughters, were coming to Nashville to spend a day at Nashville Shores. I went online to find hotels near the Shores. This is one of the first ones that came up. Next time I WILL look further!!!! First room they showed us smelled nasty, and I actually saw mold on the baseboards..... so on to the next room..... We did have to have 2 rooms. The next 2 were a little better, and since it was so late I made the BIG MISTAKE of saying we will take them.... While my husband was paying for the rooms, the kids and I were unpacking the Durango. Within 15-20 minutes of getting unpacked, I had to use the rest room, as did the kids. Neither toilet would flush in either room!!! When I went to call the front desk, the telephone cord had been ripped out of the phone!!! Also, when I tried to turn the air up, since this was July.... HOT!!! there were no knobs to turn it up, down, on, or off!!!!! Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY IRATE!!! I told my husband that I was not going to stay in a dump like this!!! Like I said, this was approximately 20 minutes after checking in and paying for the room. My husband said we would have to stay... but I was not going to! We both went to the front desk, and he showed me a sign that said.... AND I QUOTE..... "NO REFUNDS AFTER 5 MINUTES." What kind of crap is that???? And no... they would not give us a refund, nor reimburse us any type of credit... even though at around 9 p.m. we saw a HUGE cockroach crawling across the table!!! I did take it to the front desk... I AM going to report these people to the BBB, and ANYONE else that would be willing to listen to my story. It was horendous!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this Roach and Mold infested, No Refund after 5 minutes Shack!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Melanie J,
Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I am deeply concerned about the negative experience you wrote about. Please know that we have recently undergone some renovations, including adding new carpets, knockdown and paint, vanities, lighting, mirrors, a/c units in 30 rooms, shower curtain rods, tile on bathroom floors, drapes, and bedding. We hope that these changes will improve our guests experience. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss the issues further.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Last night my mother and I stayed in room 107. I will start with the only positive thing I have to say about the room. There was excellent water pressure in the shower. The room was disgusting. I did not feel safe walking on the carpet in my bare feet because it was so dirty. The beds had a top sheet on them only and no mattress pad. The mattress underneath this top sheet was stained and yellow and appeared to have cigarette burns in it. My pillowcases were also stained and had hair all over them (needless to say I did not use them). The sheets looked as though they were not changed after being used by the previous guests. The bathroom was filthy, and there was only one towel to be used by two guests. This towel was not used though, as I unfolded it and it appeared to have blood or something very like it all over. The shower itself was clean but there was no soap or lotion or shampoo of any kind. There was no trash can in the bathroom either and there was not a full roll of toilet paper. There was no coffee, and there was no alarm clock. The air conditioner made horrible noises, so bad we had to turn it off in order to sleep. The tv frequently showed only snow as though it had a really bad signal. I did not use my laptop, so I cannot comment on the wireless internet. The ice machine did not work at all. We were told by the night manager that the machine was out of order (though no sign was posted) and that it was the only ice machine available in the hotel. The manager was not accommodating and seemed put out by our inquiry about the ice machine. All in all, this was an awful hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone. I am not even sure this hotel could pass a health inspection.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear lyndyb88,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a traveler review with us. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered such as the TV not working and housekeeping issues. I am pleased to announce that we have undergone some major renovations since your last stay. We have completely upgraded our rooms with new carpeting, vanities, lighting, bathroom floors, a/c units, knockdown wall paint, and bedding. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business.

Neelam, Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage TN

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I travel frequently and I would rate this hotel as the third worst I have ever stayed at. My wife and I stayed there for CMA Fest Week 2012. We were really only in the room for about 5 hours a day, and found it to inadequate. Upon checking in, we arrived at our first room (210) to find that it wreaked of a foul odor and that the bathroom had a large amount of black mold. The young girl at the counter gladly switched our room, but when we arrived at it (207) the door was wide open. We found a staff member in the room so I asked her if it was ready and available, to which she looked at me dumbfounded and exited the room without a word. Then an elderly Indian woman, presumably the owner's relative, came out of the bathroom and left the room! It was surreal! As for the room itself, it was not very clean and smelled bad, but was better than our first room. I have allergies, and within an hour of being in the room my sinuses were plugged, and my throat was very sore upon waking everyday. Additionally, the owner/manager escorts the cleaning girl from room to room. One day they knocked and I told them to come back later. They returned 10 minutes later (not what I had in mind) and the man entered the room without knocking! Luckily my wife and I were not indisposed at the moment. We most definitely will not stay there again and advise everyone else to stay away as well!

Room Tip: My tip is to avoid this place!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear sportsmedic1,

On behalf of the Americas Best Value Inn-Hermitage, I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the housekeeping issues which occurred during your visit. I am also sorry for the late response to your concerns. Please know that we have recently renovated our rooms, including painting, vanities, a/c units, bathroom floors, lighting, and shower curtain rods. I am also addressing any training issues with our housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to show you our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Not the best choice, mold on shower grout and room smelled stale plus a/c didn't cool well. Rude desk lady. Not even 2 towels per person.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear flagirl67,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. My apologies for not writing to you sooner. The issues you encountered during your stay are very concerning. We have recently renovated our facilities with such things as painting, carpeting, a/c units, bathroom flooring, lighting, vanities. We hope that you will give us a 2nd opportunity to meet your satisfaction.

Neelam-manager

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Great staff, and nice clean rooms. The staff are very friendly and nice. My room had a great view of the very clean and sparkling swimming pool. I was very tempted to jump in. I've read some of these other reviews prior to me checking in, and I really don't see any of the problems that people have been complaining about. My room was very clean, and they kept it clean during my entire 4 night stay. This place isn't a Hilton or embassy suite, but you know that from their super low prices. Best rooms you can find for their prices. Thanks America Best Value Inn....

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear TimJGar2001,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and sparkling swimming pool. We have also recently renovated since your last stay. We hope that you come and check out our new rooms should you return to the area!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Filthy. Carpet was heavily stained. Mirror wasn't attached to wall, it was leaning on top of the dresser. Formica was peeled away from the front of the sink. Mold in the shower. No light in the bathroom. Cigarette burn holes in comforters. BED BUGS!

This place should be bulldozed. Walked out after seeing this and found a real hotel.

Room Tip: Don't even consider staying at this place. I was embarassed for them that they even remain open.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David F
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We were visiting my daughter who is going to college in the area. Needed a cheap hotel for the night because husband out of work. As far as the area being unsafe as one person rated, this is NOT true. My daughter has been there for a year living in an apartment and it is a nice area. This is a BASIC OUTDATED room. The room we had was clean and spacious. We stayed on the backside where there was no problem parking right in front of our door. Our room came with a king size bed, tv, table and chair. Big bathroom but, the towel rack was falling off wall and there was a hole by the vent in the ceiling. Aside from that there was no problem with the room. It was right off the interstate, right next to the Vista motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
abvihermitage, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Jerzeeshore,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Since you last visited us, we have recently added 20 new microfridges, repaved our parking lot. We have additional plans to renovate the lobby area as well. We hope that these recent improvements will enhance the overall guest experience.

Neelam, GM
Americas Best Value Inn Hermitage, TN

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East
Days Inn Airport Nashville East
Days Inn Airport Nashville East
#112 of 157 in Nashville

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Nashville/Hermitage? Share your experiences!