“ok”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hermitage
Powell
“ok”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lights in bathroom wouldn't work & lamp wouldn't turn on. Called front desk & told them. Her response was: oh well if its the bathroom light just push red button on plug next to sink & it will reset circuit. For the lamp I'll have to see if I can find any bulbs. Was barely any water pressure. Cigarette burn in comforter. But other than that it was ok. Usually stay there when we take our child to Vanderbilt. Will look for somewhere else to stay. Big difference since June 2012.My sister goes to Vanderbilt also & has stayed there not sure if she will in future. Sorry!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

CBant, General Manager at Super 8 Hermitage Nashville, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
We are terribly sorry to hear about your most recent stay and will address you concerns with our staff. We would love to have you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
PARIS
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Looks can be very decivieng. it looks nice smell nice and is clean so I thought. i stayen in room 220 with my daughter and my dog which is a pitbull and was very grateful that he was welcomed. My daughter and i slept in the same bed, which was the one closets to the window. The next morning we woke up and were covered in red dots that itched . I am not familiar with bed bugs what so ever so I was unaware of what had happened to us. After asking around and showing many people these marks they had explained to me that we had been bitten by bed bugs they bit in threes we had bites on our faces feet arms neck and side. I called the hotel to inform them of this they sapposidly logged my complaint tand said the manger would get back with me well it had been three days and i have yet to hear anything from them. Maybe bacuse I stayed under the friends and family rate they felt as if I deserved no compensation. I know it is not there fault for the bed bugs but I do feel as if it would have been nice to hear from a rep with at the least and apology of some sort. I recommend they take down the signs in their bathroom about trying to go green by asking us to reuse towels and bed covers. In some instantces poeple may use the signal to say hey i can reuse my stuff and not even be staying another night. If you decide to stay here, before bring any of your items in and getting comfortable raise up the matress and check for bed bugs. These little critters could ruin your life they are hick hikers and extremely hard and exspensive to get rid of.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Rileyjr
Reviewed January 16, 2013

While traveling to the East coast, we needed a place to stay, and this was perfect. Close to the interstate highway, and we were pleasantly surprised at the good breakfast. The staff was friendly and was helpful when I asked directions. I would have no reservations staying here again.

Room Tip: The television was not very good to watch as the signal was bad from their provider.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the 5th year we've stayed at this motel between Christmas and New Years. The price is right and rooms, while needing a bit of a touch-up here and there, are clean and in good condition. Maid service is decent. I did notice that our non-smoking room smelled pretty bad and I had to buy some air freshners at the local Walgreens which did the trick, but since there seem to be a lot of smokers at this motel, management could do a better job deoderizing. There is also a lingering frangance of curry just about all the time on the first floor near the lobby. I like curry, but some may not.

The breakfast is pretty good and my partner and son love the make-your-own waffles and biscuits 'n gravy . Although the eggs dissapeared last year, the breakfast is hearty and the breakfast room is pleasant and clean with a big-screen TV.

There's a small work-out room which I use every day. No eliptical but the treadmill is decent. The set-up is adequate for a cheap motel although one leg machine is broken. However the management will not leave the remote for the large flat screen in the room for fear of theft. My suggestion is invest in a $5 device to bolt it down. No one wants to ask the front desk every time you want to change a channel during a workout. It also appears that they changed the work-out room set-up so the TV is obscured if someone if on the treadmill...dumb. The bathroom is locked in the room which kind of sucks, but the lobby is next door if you need one I suppose.

One of the reasons we book this place and not another of the many motels nearby is the indoor pool. However this time the water was FREEZING as was the room itself. The pool was unusable and a BIG dissapointment..kinda ruined our day. The excuse was that the maintence guy had a day off and someone "accidentally" turned the heater off...yeah whatever.

The lobby is nice and has a public computer and printer which is handy for cupons and boarding passes for your stay, however the computer is in DESPERATE need of some TLC. It either has a million viruses, or so much protective software that it wont let you on many sites (Delta for example) so it's almost useless. The wireless in the rooms works OK but again has some weird glitch that only allows you to download a certain amount of bytes without cycling out. Took forever to download something from itunes...but it's fine for surfing or checking email.

Finally I need to address the nasty and perplexing atitude of the owners. The front-desk employees were nice enough when I asked about staying an additonal night and two of them quoted me the same price. When it came time to pay, the owner was there and she tried to charge me more than I was quoted and more than the online price. She argued with me and pretty much called me a liar and then had the nerve to put me on the phone with her employee (her daughter or neice I think) to prove to me how wrong I was. She was pissing off , a 5-time customer for a mere $10, which is pretty stupid business sense if you ask me. She said the place was booked that night...Lie. She said she couldn't match the online rate...Lie. Eventually she matched the priceline rate I showed her...but REALLY?!!! Not sure if I will stay here again, may look around for other options in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CBant, General Manager at Super 8 Hermitage Nashville, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are terribly sorry to hear about your recent stay at our motel. We will be addressing all your issues with our employees, staff, and owners. We hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you by providing excellent customer service on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermitage
Suburban Lodge Hermitage
Comfort Suites Mount Juliet
#2 of 5 in Mount Juliet
Quality Inn & Suites Mount Juliet
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Nashville Airport East

Been to Super 8 Hermitage Nashville? Share your experiences!