“Touchy feely staff”

Casa Vieja Mexican Grill
Ranked #13 of 154 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Food was good. A little pricey. No booths. Asked for a high chair 3x before finally getting one. My girl, our 2 year old and I ate lunch. Spent $75 to only wonder why not just one, but two different servers kept touching my girl on the back and rubbing our baby on the head. Very inappropriate/unprofessional. Once we can look past, but over and over. We will not be back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like their salsa, and salsa is one of the main reasons that you go to a Mex restaurant! Taco was pretty good, and my buddy really liked his fish tacos. I had the Chile Reneno twice last week, and it is one of my favorites. It is large; I hate tiny Chile Renenos in restaurants. The service is pretty good; they need to instruct their servers to smile. Also wish they had booths; everyone is out in the open, and I don't care for that and neither did the friends I was with. But, the Reneno is good!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

After we were seated our server asked us for drink orders. I asked for an orange soda (which is listed on their menu in the drinks section). Server said they didn't have orange soda, so I ordered a Dr. Pepper instead. Chips and salsa were promptly brought out. The chips were very good, just the right texture, not too greasy, not too thick or thin. The salsa was very good too if you like smooth salsa. It wasn't too hot and had a nice consistency.

I ordered the Flautas dinner and asked for rice along with my beans. I also specified that I didn't want any onions anywhere in my food, I wasn't sure if Pico De Gallo came with the meal or not, but I made sure to say no to that as well (because it has onions in it). Server said the flautas didn't have any onion. The meal came out pretty fast, and it did have both rice and beans which was nice. The rice had onions in it. The flautas all had lots of onions mixed in with the chicken. So basically I ended up eating some beans and we left. So, if you don't mind onions, the food is pretty good. I just don't suggest asking for anything special because it doesn't seem to matter.

I assume they had a bunch of pre-made chicken in the back for their chicken dishes and it already had onions and peppers and the normal stuff cooked into it. If they would have just told me that I could have ordered something else and it would not have been a big deal. The way that was handled bothers me, I won't be going back there or recommending it to anyone else.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having moved here from California we wre worried we would not find good authenic Mexican food....our friends who had also lived out west told us not to worry. Our first visit to Casa Vieja & we were sold. You can't go wrong with any chioice you make from the extensive menu. The margaritas are one of the best we have had! Great guacamole! The staff are friendly & welcoming!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I enjoy eating at Casa Vieja Mexican Grill. Their food is generally served in a timely manner so if you want to enjoy a drink before eating delay your food order or the food will arrive before you have half-finished your drink and conversation with your companion. They have recently added outdoor seating and is nice there until mid-afternoon sun warms the area. In that case we enjoy the air conditioned dining room.

Parking can be tough sometimes as Casa Vieja is located in a small strip shopping center so go a tad earlier than the height of the dinner hour and you should be fine.