“One of Our Go To Favorites!”

Yokohama Japanese Grill
Ranked #47 of 151 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've lived in Hendersonville my entire life and have eaten at pretty much every restaurant in town and Yokohama is one of my husband and myself's most favorite places to go! Located in an old Hardee's building it doesn't look like much from the street but they have wonderful Japanese food cooked to order. The only difference between Yokohama and other fancy Japanese places is that they don't cook your food at the table and they charge about $10 a plate less! You can get a huge plate full of stir fried steak, chicken, shrimp, or any combination along with veggies and rice for $6-10 depending on your meat choice. Each meal comes with your choice of salad with a traditional ginger dressing or soup. I've never had the soup because the salad is amazing!!! (It's all in the dressing!) Add in a "special roll" and you can still eat for around $10 a person. The service is always fast and friendly--and the food arrives quickly and is always piping hot. They offer a freshly made house sriracha-style sauce and yum-yum sauce as well as soy sauce. If you haven't tried Yokohama yet, don't wait--it's one of the best kept secrets in town!!!

2  Thank Libby W
There are newer reviews for Yokohama Japanese Grill

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place in in an old fast food building ( Hardee's?) but the food is prepared fresh and you can see the cooks slicing and dicing. The portions are huge and the sauces are superb; the cook actually came out from behind the grill and asked us how we liked "his" food. Walked away with enough leftovers from lunch to have dinner that night. A real sleeper,the inside is very clean and has a nice feel to it and it was easy to have a business conversation without the blast of televison sets are loud music. Prices were very reasonable and the food was served steaming hot and very tasty. The server said the chef could make anything on the menu "oriental hot" in spices for the guys that have lead in their bellys!

1  Thank ron m
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I have been past this restaurant many times and finally decided to stop. There were few cars in the parking lot and few patrons inside so we were not optimistic. What a surprise, the service was great, quick, polite and caring, the food was well prepared and very good. I had the Udon noodles with shrimp and my wife had the Chicken Teriyaki, both were prepared well and delicious. We will stop again.

1  Thank TNOptimist
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have eaten at Yokohama many times but I have never written a review. Yokohama features many traditional Japanese steakhouse favorites without the exorbitant prices. The service is very attentive as the owners are always there and they run a smooth operation.

I have probably tried 10 different menu items and they have always been quite good. The Teryiaki steak and shrimp is flavorful and savory. While noparticularlyry overloaded with steak, the accompanying vegetables are crisp and fresh tasting. The tempura is also very good with crispy panko breadcrumbs but the accompanying sauce is not very good and has a flavor I'm not familiar with for tempura. I've eaten tempura in Asia and usually the Tempura sauce is very flavorful; not so much here.

Chinesenese dumplings are very good served with a traditional sesame oil sauce. I've also had the egg rolls and have enjoyed them immensely. Fried rice is typiJapaneseanse steak house style and is very good.

The overall level of service is excellent and attentive. The foconsistentlytently appetizing and the prices are affordable. The only reason I wouldn't give 5 stars is because the portion sizes are a bit on the small size, but certainly enough for most. Also, the restaurant is housed in a former Hardee's restaurant so the atmosphere is nothing special. Other than that, I really enjoy Yokohama.

1  Thank dspindler
Reviewed November 18, 2011

It's fairly basic hibachi fair, but the quality is consistent, the staff is incredibly friendly, and the prices can't be beat. They even have a drive through. When we just want to pick up something quick on the way home from work, this is it.