“Best food in town!”

Sax Deli
Ranked #19 of 154 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Sax is our all time favorite restaurant in Hendersonville, and our go to place if we want an awesome burger! We go there all the time. The fries come in a generous portion and are so good!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a recommendation for this deli. We were there midafternoon so it was pretty empty. We ordered pretty standard fare - sandwiches, with fries or potato salad and soft drinks.

Food was prepared reasonably quickly. The grilled sandwiches had lots of stuff on them, but were skimpy on the meat. The hamburger was okay. Lots of fries with the order, but the potato salad serving was kinda meager.

No way that I would confuse this place with a NY style deli. But it is in Hendersonville, so I guess that's what passes for deli in mid-Tennessee.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Sax needs to invest in some acoustic ceiling tiles. It is so loud in there my KIDS complain, and they could eat behind a 747 taking off.
their food is far better than chain burger joints, albeit more expensive. The Philly Burger is my favorite. The buns they use stand apart from the crowd and the meat tastes - wow - like meat!
Get it to go and you won't have any permanent hearing damage.

1  Thank TOM S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

When you spot it from the road it looks a little questionable but I am feeling you, just go on in! It is absolutely delicious. The owner is always working so hard to make customers happy and it pays off! We love going! The fried bologna sandwich and handcut fries are where it is at!

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Well not for long! I work near this restaurant & have passed it many times! Today, I decided to try it and was blown away! I came near lunchtime, they were pretty busy. But, Food came out pretty quick, Service was excellent, prices were reasonable. And when I bit into my patty melt, I was hooked! I would say the best patty I've ever had! The secret was in their Russian sauce, I can't wait to go back and try the Reuben which also has this sauce on it.