“Good Job Ruby!”
Review of Ruby's Kitchen

Ruby's Kitchen
Ranked #104 of 154 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If it is home style breakfast and lunch you want, Ruby's is first choice of my husband. Since he wanted to go there today (breakfast all day Saturday) I thought I would review. The roast beef and gravy w/REAL mashed potatoes was great w/cabbage and corn - my 3; he had the fried fish, slaw, and raved about the hush puppies but thumbs down on the whole new potatoes (they came w/skins as I feel new potatoes should; he disagrees). They offer cornbread and rolls and I can vouch for the rolls - soft, fresh, warm; not a morsel remained of the fried corn bread for my tasting so it must have met the mark. We were well served by Janey and as she urged, made room for dessert - yummy generous fresh pie slices - coconut and lemon ice box; total bill was about the same elsewhere w/o dessert. We left stuffed to the limit so no dinner planned for home tonight. This is the kind of place people who do not cook go every day for their main meal and the staff treats everyone like family. Featured selections are the same from week to week but rotate daily. Although not fancy in décor, the Ruby's Kitchen is clean and orderly; including spotless rest room.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

My friends seem to like this place but I never choose to go here when I think of great Southern food. I question how much is home made. I have had dessert served cold (chocolate pie needs to be served at room temp in my opinion) and it was just not good at all even imagining it warm. I don't like the turkey dressing, I don't like the gravy. I guess I am just too pickey. I grew up with my grandmother't and mother't great homemade food and this place is no where near par. If you want true Southern food, go to Cal's down the road in Madison.

1  Thank HazelEyesFromTN
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have been going here for years. Ruby changed locations, but she did not change food quality. This restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch only. They serve the usual meat and three, along with sandwiches and nice pies and cobblers. The waitresses are friendly, and the atmosphere is welcoming. Lot of regular customers. Comfort food!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Classic meat-and-3, local restaurant. Great place to grab lunch on a budget. After ordering, your food comes out in about 30 seconds. Make sure not to eat late in the afternoon, as the food won't be any good.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Greasy, not clean...horrible atmosphere! Noisy and not a pleasant place to dine. Coffee was terrible!

1  Thank 1happyoma