“Great Neighborhood Cafe.”
Review of Ruby's Kitchen

Ruby's Kitchen
Ranked #113 of 160 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Small family styled restaurant. Service is prompt and friendly. Food specials change daily and are very good. Breakfast and lunch daily.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

One word......BLAND! Absolutely hands down the worst breakfast ever! I just ate at Ruby's 1 hour ago. I ordered 2 egs over easy with bacon, biscuts with gravy and hashbrowns well-done...simple enough.

The egss looked almost poched, very runny and goopy and definately not over easy. I don't know how they cooked them, but I would not be surprised if they used a microwave? The hashbrown were barely even browned? They were the farthest thing from well-done that could possibly be, and mushy as well. I couldn't believe the bacon either, it had no taste? I have never, in 41 years, had bacon this bland. Biscuits were just as awful as the rest, hard and cold!

My service was ok, but the same waitress waited on the table next to me, 3 guys having breakfast. One of them reminded her he had toast and not biscuits, and she promptly took 2 of their biscuits out of the basket and told them that she needed them because the kitchen was almost out!?!

I am still wondering why I even ate the meal, and didn't just walk out. It was that awful!

4  Thank ColAngus2003
Reviewed September 9, 2010

If you want an expensive breakfast, mediocre food and inattentive service then Ruby's is for you. I have eaten there three times for breakfast and I will not return. Pancakes were usually somewhat overcooked and thick and not fluffy. Biscuits and gravy appear to be prepackaged cooked biscuits that are warmed and the gravy is obviously a mix. Servers disappear for long periods of time. For myself and 2 boys our meal was $27.

3  Thank dspindler
Reviewed December 16, 2008

i dunno what the hell the other person is talking about...i have been there and i will go there again...and lemme tell you me and all my friends LOVE IT there, i m going to take my family there this Sunday after church....The service is fast and Ruby's always has freshly prepared great tasting food....take it from me when i say that it is one of the best restaurants around...i eat out alot and nothing compares to Rubys...i have tried several places...i recommend you go there 101%

1  Thank Jackson1982
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I have had better been there a couple times and will not go back.
The food was not all that good and the bread was hard.
So do yourself a favor and find some place else to go. At one time could not get anyone to check on us and that was not good. We needed more tea and coke and to tell someone we needed better bread.
I will not go back there are better places to eat and I will go to them. I also had some friends who when here and they too did not enjoy it. Said that the people were not friendly and the food needed help also.

Sorry but you need to work on some things.

Bill