“Great service, good food and overall nice place to eat.”

Black Eyed Pea Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 151 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

T5 were very hungry and couldn't decide where to eat. It was a toss up between olive garden and BEP which we had not yet been. We chose BEP and we had a good time. I will admit, there was a little wait on the main meal, but we had some really good fried green tomatoes and pickles to tide us over:)

There are newer reviews for Black Eyed Pea Restaurant

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went to Sunday Brunch and was surprized at the very limited items on the Sunday Brunch menu. The wait staff is really nice but the food for the Sunday Brunch was really bad. The waffle was like cardboard and I ordered two soft scrambled eggs. They brought out two small bowls with hard scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon bits that was unediable. Did not taste good. I asked the server why I didn't get the soft scrambled eggs and he said "this is the only way they make them". I could have saved him a lot of time had he told me this up front. But he was nice and took it off the check.
During the week the food is better from the times I have been there and they have a good fruit tea. Better to eat here during the week or Saturday rather than Sunday morning Brunch in my opinion.

1  Thank MING-TN
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This place is absolutely AMAZING!!! The waitress read our minds the entire time, she was incredible. My husband and I went for the first time on the 4th of July, I've driven passed it several times since moving to Sumner County and never once thought about eating there, but I had the bright idea of trying a place we had both never eaten at and now we'll definitely become regulars! We had sweet tea, fried green tomatoes, shepherds pie, pork chops, and banana pudding...my shepherds pie had pot roast on the bottom and tasted homemade as if I cooked it at home and my husbands pork chops were out of this world good..pulled right off the bone with excellent flavor and they have 22 side items, practically every vegetable you can imagine! We recommend anyone and everyone to eat here, I promise you won't be disappointed!!!

1  Thank HeatherH1987
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Quite simply, this is a wonderful individually owned local restaurant. Had dinner there tonight and the food, service, and ambiance were excellent. My wife had the sirloin steak. It came cooked perfectly; it was tasty, but not the most tender piece of meat (hey, it ain't Ruth's Chris). But, for $14, it was really good. She chose the boiled cabbage and green beans as her two included vegetables and was happy with them, also. I had the chicken fried steak and chose turnip greens and fried okra for veggies. The gravy was excellent and the meat was perfectly crusted and fried crisp. Turnip greens were the best I've had in a long time. The okra was good, but not great. The highlight of our dinner had to be our server, Holly. Service was professional and personable. It's the only time in a long while that a server has noticed that my iced tea was lacking ice after a couple of refills, so brought me a "fresh" glass of tea with plenty of ice in it. If we lived here, I think this would be a somewhat regular place for us. We both enjoyed everything about it.

1  Thank Sid R
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I pass it all the time but don't go much because last time I was there it was REALLY slow.