“High end Mexican food”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Nice restaurant in a good location. The food was very good but the price is on the high side. Great restaurant for special occasions.

2  Thank Bob C

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellent food, great menu, good service. The food is authentic New Mexico...you can even get hatch green chili on your food! Yum!

1  Thank trvelor
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was my fourth visit to Sopapilla's. My husband is not crazy about the food, but I always thought it was good (and I love the sopapilla dessert!). A couple weeks ago, I suggested that another family meet us here for lunch after church on Sunday. There were seven in our party (one baby and two kids). We arrived first and I asked for a children's menu. The host said "we just ran out of them; I will see if we can print some more". After the waiter arrived, I asked again for a kids menu and was told "oh, that's easy, I'll just tell you". He then ran though the options and said rice and beans come with each option. I selected a chicken quesadilla for my 13-month old. The other family has two kids (6) and they didn't want the Mexican kids options (there wasn't a kids burger). So, our friends ordered a plain cheesburger off of the regular menu (that was in the $10-$12 range) for the kids to share and an extra serving of fries. The cheeseburger arrived with green chiles and all. It was sent back and came back almost bleeding it was so rare (there is no way I could have eaten that). The kids kept the burger and ate a few bites. Then we get the bill... My mistake is that I didn't ask the price of the kids meals. Our 13-month old had a $10 lunch! They charged $5 extra for the rice and beans on her plate. The extra side of fries for the kids was $7.50! Give me a break. They also added a gratituty since we were a party of 7 (this is fine, since we always tip at least 20%). I didn't even mention the mistake with appetizers... Our friend complained about all of the mistakes, the rare burger that hadn't really even been touched, etc. They did remove one lunch item from his bill (I guess to make up for some of the problems). It was just a miserable experience beginning to end and I left feeling we had been taken advantage of with the prices/bill. Our bill was close to $60 for a lunch that only included my husband, myself and baby daughter and my daughter and I drank water! I am always willing to pay extra for quality food/experience and was glad to see a "nicer" restaurant in town, but I am not willing to pay this for such horrible service. After this lunch we didn't even ask for the beloved sopapillas... I cannot see families in Hendersonville paying these prices for mediocore food. I felt so bad for recommending this place to our friends. Unfortunately, we will not return.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

With all the Mexican restaurants in town...this is one that stands out -very attractive inside and out..Good atmosphere, good service, clean, good fresh made food..try it you will like ..price is a little more but it is worth it...Fresh is always better..

1  Thank SeaRay52SB
Reviewed January 27, 2014

There is really no need for the food to be so spicy.....when you can't even taste the food for such heavy seasonings why bother. I don't eat to cause myself pain! The atmosphere was modern & clean. The service was very attentive & friendly. For a Mexican restaurant it is a little pricey!