“My weekly fix”

Cuisines: Pizza
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“My weekly fix”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been eating at Knead Dough for over 3 years. I usually go for the lunch special of slice, salad, and drink. The pizza slices are very large and similar to Philladelphia pizza. Both the tossed salad and spinach salads are excellent. Fresh ingredients, good portions and perhaps the best blue cheese dressing I have ever eaten. Occasionally I order an Italian hoagie or meatball sandwich. Both are loaded. Gabe, Terry, and the staff treat their customers like family.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank gene6066

Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Decent service; insufficent meat pizza toppings, grilled garlic bread?”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've eaten at Knead Dough a few times but I haven't reviewed it previously because I wanted to give them a fair shot before I gave them less than an above average review. I don't share the same enthusiasm as my fellow TA reviewers. I find Knead Dough to be way too expensive for what you get as far as pizza toppings. Beer prices are high and all of the appetizers are $6+.

We ordered cheese garlic bread and a large pizza with sausage, pepperoni, mushroom and peppers. There were a few pieces of sausage scattered about the pizza but the most evident topping were mushrooms. At $22 for a large pizza, I would think they would load the pizza with toppings but unfortunately they don't. I will say that the crust is fabulous. It has a nice chew and the overall texture is very enjoyable. However, I find their sauce to be tart to the point of objectionable.

The cheese garlic bread is grilled (really?) . Someone cooked it too long because it has a pronounced burned flavor and the accompanying marinara was very tart. This is a matter of taste but my taste buds don't care for an extremely tart marinara.

The service was acceptable but not particularly friendly. I don't plan to go back as it is just too expensive for pizza that is thin on toppings and very expensive beer prices.

• Visited March 2013
Cottontown, Tennessee
“Great Tasting Pizza That's Legit”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Decided to try this place for lunch as my daughter wanted pizza and I'd heard great things about it. Upon entering we were warmly greeted and our server was very friendly and helpful. I also noticed (as I was facing the door) that she and the other employees worked diligently to open the door for patrons as they entered or left with their take-out order.

I was glad to see you could get pizza by the slice with whatever toppings you wanted. So, you can engineer slices to your specific taste. They have an extensive menu and it is a departure from other establishments where if two people want to eat they have to buy enough to feed six. Here, you can get pizza by the slice and it is big enough to save for later. Very affordable.

It is a New York style pizza with a lot of flavor and high quality ingredients. With our slices at least they didn't appear to depend on gobs of cheese or lots of sauce to add flavor. The ingredients they used created a synergy with very little waste. Finally, the garlic knots were like nothing I've had before. A definite treat that will keep you going back.

• Visited January 2013
“Went in for just take-out, but got dine-in service”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

So we're not from Hendersonville or Tennessee. We're passing through on our way back to Kansas City. Our pizza craving directed us towards this AWESOME place in a random strip mall. If we could give 10 out of 5 stars for service, we would. Personal greeting upon entering, good recommendations at the counter for our first time order, nice beer selection while we waited for our 15-minute to-go order. Thank you for the 110% complementary fried mozzarella sticks while we were waiting that accidentally broke in the fryer. Not sure if we believe that but very kind of you. Got home and pizza was outstanding. Chewy crust with a crispy bottom, tasty red sauce, extra cheese...classic NY pizza. Loved it. You should feel lucky you've got this place going on in your 'burbs. Best wishes.

Nashville, TN
“Outstanding Pizza, Outstanding Service”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Knead Dough is easily the best pizza in Sumner County. Our family has been going there since they opened about 4 years ago. The owners have an extensive culinary background and know how to put some amazing flavors on this NY style pizza using fresh ingredients. The garlic knots appetizer (not on the menu) is worth asking for. They also have a great selection of pasta that is worth checking out in addition to an extensive selection of micro-brews.

Knead Dough is a great place to bring a family. They truly cater to kids...with a Nintendo Wii set up in the corner, toys and coloring books around. While small, the atmosphere is very lively and there are always TVs on tuned to games...but the restaurant never feels overly loud somehow.

Service is always outstanding. Servers are extremely attentive and helpful. The owners are very quick to make sure your food is perfect and your experience is good.

Can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited June 2012