“Really good food and service”

Fulins Asian Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 166 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I ate here last weekend and the food was excellent. I come here a lot and get the chicken with vegetables and the soup with different types of meat with vegetables. I love that they have healthy choices. As soon as we sat down we were greeted by our server. She took our drinks and our food came out super fast. We were trying to catch a movie so our server did her best on getting everything out on time so we could make it. It was very special treatment. I highly recommend this place. The food is a good price for the amount you get (which is a lot). I can never finish all of it and I have a meal for the next day!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have used Groupons at Fulin's in Hendersonville several time over the past 3 months. The food is great and the service is surprisingly excellent. We visit many of the restaurants in Hendersonville and feel that the service here is the best. Most of the servers are young, but they are obviously well trained.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have eaten at Fulin's several times but I've not reviewed it until now. I find Fulin's to be very expensive and I don't think it's anything special. I took my two sushi loving sons there and we ordered spicy tuna rolls, salmon rolls, Philadelphia rolls and one more that I can't recall. The sushi rolls are pretty good. We also ordered General Tso's Chicken and Mongolian Beef.

One thing that I don't like is when restaurants feature "specials" that are exactly the same price as the regular menu prices. They try to create the illusion that you're getting a deal and that is exactly what happened with the Mongolian Beef. Regular menu price $12.95.."Special Price $12.95". I ordered it anyway and very much enjoyed it as the beef had an ample serving of green onions and featured a savory black bean sauce that was very good. The accompanying fried rice was very boring as there were no vegetables to enhanced texture or flavor.

One of my sons had General Tso's Chicken as well. The chicken was deep fried as expected but the breading overpowered the chicken and actually made it hard to cut. There were no vegetables except for one half of a broccoli piece standing naked in the corner of the plate. Essentially their General Tso's Chicken is very heavily breaded chicken in sauce. Very disappointing for $12.

The service was good and our server kept us in refills. Overall though the value is not there for three people was $60+.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I often eat at Fulin's as the chain frequently offers Groupons and has good food and variety for a fair price. And the Mt. Juliet location is near my daughter's home.

We chose to eat at the Hendersonville location as it was closer to my work. We were seated relatively quickly considering the weekend crowd. And the server got us started relatively quickly. Meals came out quickly also.

The Chicken on a Stick appetizer was slightly above buffet quality but was undercooked. My daughter had the Noodle Soup with Shrimp, which had few shrimp and a vegetable broth flavor. I had the Sushi Dinner, with Spicy Tuna roll and eight pieces of sushi. The meal came with Miso Soup (average at best) and salad (good). The spicy tuna roll was not very spicy and not very fresh. The sushi was good with generous slices of fresh fish above rice that didn't hold together well.

The restaurant was attractive and comfortable, and decorated nicely.

At the conclusion of the meal, we could not find our server. After about twenty minutes she appeared and apologized, saying she had a large party at another table, and left to prepare our check. I noticed that several times she cut throught the kitchen to avoid our table. After another twenty minutes she returned with the check but without the requested carry out container, saying she couldn't find one. After waiting another fifteen minutes, I left cash payment and left.

Perhaps the server issue was an exception, although the young staff in general seemed disorganized during the rush period. Of greater concern is that the quality of the food seems to have slipped a little. Hopefully this is not the case throughout the chain.

1  Thank OldSalt558
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Good for & fair value....the beef & broccli was tasty! The service was friendly.Casual dining & nice atmosphere!