“Not Quite the South Sea Islands but Maybe the Next Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barefoot Charlie's

Barefoot Charlie's
Ranked #98 of 149 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lakeside dining, located on Old Hickory Lake; indoor/outdoor dining; weekend live entertainment
Overland Park, Kansas
“Not Quite the South Sea Islands but Maybe the Next Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a cute "take off" on a Caribbean beach-side bar and grille. There is no beach but it is on the lake and the outside patio on a warmish summer day is attractive. The food is very good and the service was quite good the day we were there although they were understaffed a bit.The servers worked very hard to take care of our large party. Would recommend if you can't go to the South Seas.

Visited June 2014

Gallatin, Tennessee
“good food but need to plate right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

i got the cocont shrimp it is on the app. menu but has two sides. the cocont shrimp were great and the sides of coleslaw and black bean and corn salad looked good but were ruined by being served on a very warm plate.

• Visited June 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Huge Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Went there today, as my husband thought it looked like a nice restaurant on the water. Well, it is water adjacent at best & the view of the water is minimal, due to cars parked in the parking lot between the outside dining area and the actual water. As if that wasn't bad enough, the "sand area" was some of the nastiest sand I've ever seen. Dark and coarse. Now, onto the food -- I ordered the fajita taco appetizer, which for me, was a perfect portion as a lunch. Probably the only positive I have to say about this place is just that -- that the portions are priced right. My husband had the smoked ribs special. My tacos were atrocious. The chicken was so dried out that it was legit like eating 'jerky' -- absolutely disgusting. I didn't send it back, as it was 2:30pm and had already waited a good 20 mins for food to be served to us. I just took the chicken off and had a lettuce and salsa taco (the cheese and sour cream they served with this dish were inedible also, cheese dried out/stale & sour cream was bitter, as if it had turned). As for my hubby's meal, he said it was good -- I beg to differ. The fries were clearly frozen fries out of an OreIda bag, at best. Bland beyond belief. The smoked rib special, I also thought were dried out. Ribs should fall off the bones, my husband could barely bite the meat off -- he had to cut the meat off the bones! We will never be back, and it was surely a lesson learned. Horrible food and the atmosphere wasn't much better.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jamie B
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Not up to standards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I visited last night having shrimp po'boy and black and bleu burger. The food was great, but service was not up to the normal standards.

1 Thank Wsm0723
Morgantown, West Virginia
“What a terrible night”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went to Barefoot Charlie's after hearing about the charming atmosphere and outdoor dining area. We were directed to a table outside in a sandy area. Charming at first, but after a 30-minute wait the charm wore off, especially with unruly and unsupervised children running around the outdoor dining area. After finally being served, we had only begun to eat when one kid scooped up a large handful of sand and tossed it over his shoulder right onto our table and food. All 5 meals ruined. A complaint to the manager on duty was not even questioned, as they informed us that it was the owner's young relatives responsible, and they'd had prior complaints. Next time we'll drive into Goodlettsville to eat, where hopefully the owner has a better understanding on how to run a restaurant.

Visited March 2014