“Must Try!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Nashville, Tennessee
“Must Try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We discovered the place by driving by - had no idea it had been there for 3 years. We had the enchiladas and a chicken burrito. Both were wonderful and made while we waited. Great flavors, not smothered in cheese and sour cream like some are. We can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu. It's a small place with only a few seats, so I would recommend take out. They deliver locally as well.

• Visited March 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Fish Tacos are Great for Eat-In...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

But I'd be afraid to get them to go because the delicious, crispy - almost tempura style - fish would get cool and soggy pretty quickly. The only food-related complaint is that the onion flavor was waaay too strong, next time I'll get the onion and tartar sauce on the side (the flavor seemed to come from the sauce). Completely excusable, though, given the wildly variable strength of onions. Size was perfect, and one fish taco might not be quite enough for a guy with a voracious appetite like mine, but really, one is pretty much a meal for most folks I think. I usually order three tacos a-la-carte at Mexican places, FYI; there is about as much food in one FJT taco as three standard-sized tacos.
Cost is pretty reasonable for the menu items, but at first I thought it was pretty brave to try to charge $2.28 for the chips and salsa that we're all used to receiving gratis everywhere else, but they had samples out and the salsa is truly outstanding and the chips are flavorful, fresh, thick and crunchy; Okay, FJT, I'd invest in some next time if I am not solo. They have big 20-oz Coke products and Dasani in a cooler near the counter. That reminds me, this is set up as a take-out place, but there are about ten places to sit at counters looking out onto Gallatin Road.

Warning: the people are very (almost overly-) friendly here, so do not go in if you have a case of "The Mondays", their glee is borderline annoying. Far better than the surly, hate-to-be-here attitude one gets at most restaurants, in my opinion. =)

Bathroom needs work, but at least there was soap, hot H2O and paper towels. FJT is not set up as eat-in, as I said, but customers may expect more from such a nice place.

I have a new cheap eats favorite in Hendersonville!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TOM S
Lebanon, Tennessee
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Order the mexican pizza it was delicious along with the homemade salsa, guacamole and chips... Also the owner and i think his son are really nice.

• Visited January 2012