“Has really gone downhill. Imitation crab listed on menu as real” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fuji Japanese Steak House

Fuji Japanese Steak House
Ranked #94 of 148 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nashville TN
“Has really gone downhill. Imitation crab listed on menu as real”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've gone to this restaurant several times over the last few years, the most recent being last night. Unfortunately, it did not have the quality that it has in the past. The food was bland and not sure exactly what kind of meat was in the Happy Family that we had but it was not good.

We also ordered a roll that the menu said included crab (as did the Happy Family). Unfortunately, the "crab" was actually whitefish soaked in crab oil or flavor. Cheap imitation and I believe false advertising. The waitress made no apologies but at least did acknowledge the obvious.

Portions are generous; just not very edible. Too bad. This was a really good restaurant at one time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Nashville, TN
“Good Japanese for the area....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

If you don't wish to drive to downtown Nashville, Fuji can fill in nicely when you get the craving for some table side japanese grill food; they also have a sit down and sushi bar on the other side - I've only had sushi on the grill side, and it is decent....

Visited June 2011
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Pretty good food, indifferent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I have eaten at Fuji at least 6 or 7 times. I have not observed anything notable about Fuji. One thing that I have always noticed is that the bar service leaves a lot to be desired. I have stood at the bar and watched the bartender walk back and forth in front of me and have absolutely no interest in taking my exhorbitantly priced drink order. i have also observed that the wati staff tends to be a little on the rude side and at times they disappear.

The food is okay but not great. I like Japanese steakhouses generally but Fuji is not among the most enjoyable. I tend to go to Fuji because it is nearby; not because I think it's great food.

Service leaves a bit to be desired here.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dspindler
Hendersonvile
“A lot like Kobe steak, but not as expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I had lunch at the grill since it was our first time. You can sit at tables and just be served or watch your food bring prepared. The shrimp and scallops were very good, the sirloin was a little tough, maybe we should have ordered filet. The vegetables and mushrooms were average, the sauces average, not sure we will go back but worth the $10 each for a variety of foods and fun experience.

• Visited November 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
“Probably my favorite sushi place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I love this place except for the AC never seems to be working. I recommend ordering the "trust me roll" and sit back and enjoy. The chef always makes something wonderful and fresh. Good atmosphere and very friendly.

• Visited October 2011