“Great Stay”

Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed July 3, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and I was Extremely pleased with the spacious room with king bed and separate sitting area. I booked online only minutes before arriving and was even more impressed with the welcome I received upon check in and Daniel's willingness to take time to share the hotel amenities which were all first class. There were vacationing families and softball teams among the hotel guests but once retired to the room, we felt like the lone travelers. A peaceful environment topped with an excellent complimentary breakfast. This was a one night stay...my one complaint if I were staying longer is lack of closet space, but I will definitely be back on a return to Hendersonville.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Hyatt is a typical multi story hotel. The Suite was good sized with a king bed and separate sitting room/office. It had a fridge with separate sink.
The only problem was lack of storage space. We were there 5 days but had to live out of our suitcases! There was a hanging closet but it was situated so that it was difficult to use. There were 3 small drawers by the bathroom sink. That was it for drawers. There were a number of cubby holes but they were out in the open; not great for storing clothes.
The free breakfast was excellent with more selections than most free breakfasts. China and cloth napkins and real metal forks and knives.
There was a small bar near the desk.
All in all very good.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a busy road so get a room to the left.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The rooms are spacious and include a work desk, sectional sofa, kitchenette, large flat screen tv, and a huge mirror with a lot of counter space. I was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The WiFi works really well, too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Either you love the ever present noise, bustle & cacophony of big city travel or, like me, you prefer to embrace it in measured doses and retreat from it for down time. I rarely want to stay "in the thick of things" when I travel, so when I knew I was going to spend the night in Nashville, I looked for a place in a quieter "corner" of town. Hendersonville popped out at me from the map. I had an excellent stay in a Hyatt Place in Louisville, KY last year so I jumped at the chance to stay at another location.

Hyatt Place simply does things right and they do them very well. Their well trained front desk people start a visit off with friendliness and efficiency. This location is attractive and classy, with clean lines, high end modern furnishings, solid wood trim, desk & doors throughout the lobby, a nice broad selection of seating & plenty of quality food choices at the breakfast bar. Colors are traditional & soothing. And speaking of bars - Hyatt Place locations have an adult liquor bar in the lobby open for a few hours each evening. Now that is a nice touch. They offer 24 hour access to a mini mart with bottles of good wine, bottled beer, snacks, desserts, chocolates, fruit, cold drinks & a few over-the-counter remedies in little packets. This facility even offered Starbucks hot coffee in barista fashion.

Breakfast offers so many selections it was daunting. I would have to stay here for a week in order to sample everything. There are hot foods (plural), packaged cold & hot cereals - plus a crock pot of hot cooked oatmeal! Cooked eggs, breakfast meats, a quality waffler, a variety of breads for toasting, fruits, yogurts, fresh pastries, granola, juices, coffee, decaf, teas, cider & milk are effectively arranged & well stocked. And I'm probably forgetting something.

The relaxing room was so spotless and well put together that the tension from a long travel day simply faded away. An inviting sectional sofa fit perfectly in the sitting area with a huge ottoman rather than a coffee table...great for resting cramped legs. A wood wet bar with mirror, refrigerator & coffee sat across an alcove from a dark wood executive desk, comfy office chair, bankers lamp & square wall plate with multiple outlets & docking spaces. The large pivoting HDTV topped a set of cubicals for storage along with the ice bucket & glassware. A separate vanity & sink held "smell good" soaps & shampoo with the toilet & huge glassed-in shower behind the door. Towels were soft & plush - even the tissue & toilet paper were soft! Our king bed was simply made up with crisp snow white high count cotton linens, triple sheeting, a light weight down comforter and just enough pillows for sitting up to read.

The workout room was the best outfitted exercise room I've come across outside of a full fledged fitness facility (alliteration there!).

The drive to Opryland and downtown Nashville is just a bit out of the way (15 minutes) to make this a haven worth the effort. Hyatt Places often offer excellent rates, as well. Hendersonville itself is a gorgeous residential town full of families and working couples. If I had to relocate to Nashville, this is where I would look to settle.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor where it is quieter, away from elevator noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The room set up is excellent and I will get to that in a minute. The most outstanding thing about this hotel was the excellent service provided by each and every staff member that I came in contact with. One lady in particular, I cannot recall her name, but my stay coincided with her very first and second day on the job and she has definitely found her calling in life. We would not have know it was her first and second had myself and my travelling companions not interrogated her while having a cocktail at the bar one evening.
The rooms are very large and they have a huge sectional sitting area, a wet bar, a seperate desk for working a spacious bathroom/sink area and you can see the TV from both the sitting area and the bed. The room as clean but my coffee maker did not work because it was missing the little cup thing to put the grounds in. I have no doubt if I had brought this to their attention they would have remedied it immediately, but I never did get around to it.
Other things I loved:
-On the morning of check out I wanted to make sure that "incidentals" were charged to my personal card and the room to my company and they had already charged both correctly
-Breakfast selection was way better than expected and very nice
-I forgot deodarant and they charged me a whopping $1.09 for a trial size version. Nice. I would have paid a lot more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed overnight over Easter visiting relatives. Staff was very friendly at check-in and made sure we felt welcome.

Room was huge and very clean. Weird observation - the water pressure was amazing - awesome shower.

We had to check out very early, but the overnight desk clerk made sure we had some breakfast snacks to go. Nice touch.

We have relatives going back to the area in a few months and are already telling them where to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville
1 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Hendersonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Nashville Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Goodlettsville, TN
TownePlace Suites Nashville Goodlettsville
TownePlace Suites Nashville Good...
#4 of 18 in Goodlettsville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville? Share your experiences!