“Great breakfast; service is a little slow; a little pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cracker Barrel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cracker Barrel
Ranked #35 of 148 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Great breakfast; service is a little slow; a little pricey”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've always enjoyed the Breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I don't really like running the gauntlet through the retail shop but I've always been pretty satisfied with the food there. I do think the servers are either overworked or distracted because the service has always been sporadic. That being said, I really enjoy the breakfast items and the menu choices are voluminous.

I usually end up spending 9 or 10 bucks including drink but tax takes it over $10 so it's a little pricy. However, the food quality is quite good for breakfast but I don't think it's a good value for other meals. I don't like spending over $2 for a glass of milk in the morning so the value is only rated 2*.

Overall, I like Cracker Barrel for a breakfast treat. I'd never go on a Sunday morning and wait an hour for breakfast though. It ain't all that for that kind of wait. Weekdays are much better.

• Visited October 2013

“The food was cold”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Horrible experience! The food was cold. It took over 45 mins for broccoli to get done and didn't even receive it!!!

• Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Wherever You Go”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The one constant I like about Cracker Barrel is that it's good wherever you go.
I can eat breakfast at CB anytime of the day and be happy. Although, I have had their lunch and dinner specials and they are very good.
You can't go wrong at the CB.

Visited September 2013
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“So Disappointed in the Changes”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I honestly don't recall exactly what month our last visit to Cracker Barrel in Hendersonville was. For many years we had been regulars at Cracker Barrel, so we were ecstatic to have one on Indian Lake Blvd. so close to our home. For a while we were regulars at this location. Not only did we take our whole family for breakfast, but we often enjoyed the dinner fare as well. And I shopped the gift shop for holiday decorations and gifts every year. Cracker Barrel wraps your gifts at no charge, and they do it beautifully. The merchandise is quality and often unique. It was the food and service in Hendersonville that drove us away. Since I don't recall the dates of our last two visits, I can't pin it to a certain manager. It just suffices to say, things had changed drastically. Cracker Barrel used to bring a big basket of biscuits and/or cornbread muffins to your table while you waited for your food. Perhaps other customers caused a waste problem, but our family certainly didn't. We often ordered breakfast, even at dinnertime, and there was no part of the breakfast menu that wasn't topnotch great Southern home cooking UNTIL the grits turned to a watery "porridge" with no flavor. YUCK! And the country ham that had been delicious little tidbits on some of the breakfast selections became chewy pieces of gristle. But my final straw was when our whole family ordered from the breakfast menu one evening, and we were brought one biscuit each. And my eggs over medium had pieces of shell on them. The poor little waitress seemed so dithered that I hesitated to say anything to her. I realized she must be new, and it wasn't her fault for being poorly trained. We struggled through the sub-standard meal, but when we got to the register, and the cashier asked if everything was okay, we told him it was not. He called the manager over to speak to us. The manager said, "That waitress knows better than to bring just one biscuit each. Did you ask her for more?" And when I told him about the shells on my eggs, his reply was, "Well I'll have to retrain that cook." He never offered a full or partial refund, a voucher for a future meal or discount, and he didn't even apologize! I was so mad! We waited a few months before returning, thinking there might be a change in management and restaurant practices. The eggs were better the last time we visited. No shells. We did get two biscuits each which was sufficient. But the grits were apparently made by the same awful recipe. We've not been in a Cracker Barrel since then. This is their loss, as my purchases in the past have included more than $200 worth of their patriotic cloth buntings like the ones that hang from their front porches in the summer. And I've often directed others to Cracker Barrel when they admired our patriotic decorations.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank bjoclark
Hendersonville, Tennessee
“Another free meal due to incompetence!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just got another free meal because the restaurant is run like a bad afterthought. We get about every 4th meal free because the service is terrible and we keep going back thinking they have to have fixed it. Wrong!! Tonight, the manager, Skip, could barely come up with any excuse, so he settled for 'we only have so many working and didn't plan for this amount of sales!' The ONLY thing he did right was comp the meals. Useless! I think we'll take a break from Cracker Barrel for a while now!!

• Visited July 2013