“Remodeled rooms”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hendersonville
Evansville, IN
“Remodeled rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room I stayed in had obviously been updated from my last stay about 5 years ago. I can truly say that it was the nicest room for the price that I have ever stayed. Also, front desk staff was super friendly and accomodating. Nashvile is only 15 minutes away so this is a good option for higher priced digs in the big city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Annette-TeamHampton, Area General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Gen3606

Thank you for staying with us and submitting such a great review. The kind words about our rooms and Team members always bring a BIG smile to our face. It's great to hear that everything met your expectations while you were with us. Our goal is to make our guests feel as if they are part of our family. We are so excited about our up coming hotel beautification that begins in the spring, New rooms, with a great modern look. In addition, Our lobby will be updated to even better " show off" our Classic Car Collection. We hope you will come back often, and always be your hotel of choice in the Hendersonville area.

Take care and again, Many thanks
Team Holiday Inn Hendersonville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Business has brought me to the Hendersonville area and HIE was where I was told I should stay. The property is nice but the customer service is tops. Tonya & Chris have been very helpful and super polite. The room is just what you'd expect it to be, clean but in need of some updating. The downside to the room was the bed...need a new mattress and could really use a microwave and mini fridge. Breakfast is the same but very tasty and the area is warm and inviting. All in all a good place to stay. I will be staying again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear btrott32

Thank you so much for giving us a great review . I certainly agree with you, Tonya and Chris are incredible. We are very proud that we have so many Team members that have passion for their jobs, and their guests. We take all guest comments very seriously, to ensure that we deliver a great hotel that guests love to stay at each and every time. We are about to embark on a full hotel renovation some time in the spring. The plans look incredible. . I'm confident this will bring a refreshed updated new feel for our guest, and enhance your comfort and satisfaction. . Your loyalty is recognized and greatly appreciated. We certainly would like to hear from you if you have any suggestions for improvements. Again, thank you for being a loyal Holiday Inn Family member.

Our entire Team looks forward to your next visit.

Take care and safe Tavels

Team Holiday Inn Hendersonville
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was at the hotel this weekend to get information for a family event in march. I had stopped at another hotel in the area that was very nice and had decided to use them until I observed amazing customer service at this venue. I am not sure of all the particulars, but there were 2women who were guests and there had been a problem at the Gaylord hotel, something around not being able to get information for a birthday celebration. The girl at the desk, Bethany,contacted someone and was able to get the ladies special treatment for a show. My observation was them standing in the lobby with happy tears thanking her for her help to make the birthday special. I have booked many events in large and small venues and this was the most impressive display of customer service I have ever seen. It sold me on this hotel for my family. They are special to me and I am confident that they will be treated special here. I look forward to my event with this hotel and their concerned staff. Congratulations on your focus to customers.

Room Tip: Didn't stay yet but looking forward to it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Steve M,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our front desk agent. We believe that all the staff at our Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville would go the extra mile to try to satisfy our guest.

We look forward to serving you and your family,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Exactly what I expected clean and comfortable. Staff was always friendly and polite. We arrived earlier than expected and booth rooms were ready 3 hours early.
Stayed 3 nights to visit family location was perfect close enough drive to restaurants ect and about half hour to opryland
The only problem we had was trying to access wifi from our room unable to log in unless we went next door to our sons room.

Pillows were AMAZING wish I knew where to get them first time in months I woke up without pain in months.

Room Tip: Out door pool only
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Peanut1758,

Thank you for recognizing the cleanliness of the Holiday Inn Express Hendersonville. The convenience to Nashville is also a plus. The drive is well worth the tradeoff of paying for parking in the city and Hendersonville does have a lot to offer.

I apologize for the wifi difficulty. It is unacceptable that you had to go to another room for it to work. The hotel needs to be aware of which room you were in to locate a problem so another guest doesn't face the same issue. All Holday Inn Express have an eHost card in the room. This provides the number of the service company to identify and correct any wifi issue guest are having. Most issues are corrected immediately. Feel free to call the hotel to follow-up with this issue.

Walt Disney World, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited Johnny Cash's grave at Hendersonville cemetery so we stopped here.
Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville,is a normal hotel.It's quite cleand and well taken.
Our room was not wide ,few light and a bit smelly.AC was noisy and their swimming pool was closed so the provided us a free pass to use the YMCA facilities next door.
We didn't have in room WI-Fi .
Parking is free and in front of the building.
When I'll be back there I won't choose this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank norvegiasara
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Norvegiasera,
Thank you for recognizing how clean well taken care of our hotel is. I apologize for our pool being closed temporarily in June. We had a repair that unfortunately required the pool being closed for a few days. The YMCA was generous enough to allow our guest to enjoy their large pools as well as the indoor facilty at that time.

I'm sorry you had a problem with our Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi is available in all common areas as well as all guestrooms. Should you have a problem logging on at any Holiday Inn Brand hotel, there are directions on the eHost card in the room to help you, as well as our front desk.

Free parking is one of the perks I take for granted. I forget that most urban properties charge for parking, while ours is free. I am amazed at how many Priority Club members mention the benefit of their reserved spaces out front.

While we strive to impress our guest, it seems we failed to impress you, and for that I sincerely apologize. We would like another chance, should you choose to visit Hendersonville Holiday Inn Express.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights on a family trip to visit friends, and stayed here once before about four years ago. Hotel was comfortable, seems well run and clean, and no problems with the staff or service. But the rooms are getting beat up from use, the bed linens were worn, and the mattress, while serviceable, was not the greatest. I hope the management is able to put some money into maintaining the rooms better and replacing aging mattresses, linens, etc., because otherwise it seems to be a fine hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alonzogo
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear alonzogo,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our Holiday Inn Express-Hendersonville. The fact that you've stayed with us and chose to return says alot! While an older hotel is more difficult to maintain, the staff does a wonderful job and is proud of where they work. We are very excited about the HUGE remodel for guest rooms as well as all the public spaces! This includes the items you've mentioned. We will begin the project this winter, since it is our slowest time of the year. Please visit us again and let us WOW you with our refreshed look.

Thanks again for staying with us and safe travels,
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This HI Express is nice & clean but nothing special. The check-in was quick & efficient but it was the first time in a long time that I was not acknowledged as a Priority Club (PC) member nor offered a PC welcoming goody. The room was clean and had a nice cushy chair but I was disappointed by the lack of an ottoman to put my feet up on. As others have stated, the overall hotel & decor is a bit dated. The workout room was nice & the breakfast area was spacious but my coffee was luke-warm. The focal point of the lobby & hotel for that matter is an old classic car in the center of the lobby which I understand is changed out on a regular basis with other cars. This car was spotless & buffed to a mirror-like shine. It seems to me that if they paid as much attention to details in the hotel as they do the car display, this place could be a shining star. If you just want a clean & basic place to hang your head for the night, you won't go wrong. If you're expecting anything more, you may need to head towards Nashville since this property is rated #1 among the four hotels in Hendersonville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear GRofVA,
Thank you for recognizing how clean our hotel is and the mention that your check in experience was very efficient. I apologize that you didn't receive a PCR goody. While it is not a brand standard, it is a nice touch to recognize those travelers that spend so much time away from home and are loyal to the IHG family of hotels. Our past GM discontiued the program but he is no longer with us. Your comments have supported my idea to go back to it and I thank you for that. Should you decide to visit Hendersonville again, you will receive a "thank you goody" at check-in.

I completely agree about the hotel decor being dated. The traditional interior design in the travel industry seems to be disappearing as so many new properties open with more modern styling. I'm very excited about our remodel of the all the public spaces as well as guestrooms this winter. The car display will stay, as it is a trademark of our hotel, as long as the owner of the private collection allows.

In your review, you mentioned that the hotel was "clean" three times! There is nothing worse than staying in a hotel room that you believe is unclean. While it disappoints us to know you thought we were "nothing special", we didn't disappoint you in cleanliness and I'm so proud of that.

Our new management has a lot of new exciting changes on the horizon and hope you will give us another chance to show you that we will be special again. You won't go wrong.

Your comments are very much appreciated, they can only make us better.
Carol Ernst
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Hendersonville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
Hampton Inn Gallatin
Hampton Inn Gallatin
#1 of 5 in Gallatin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville
Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville? Share your experiences!