“Clean & nice but nothing special”

Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hendersonville
Forest, Virginia
“Clean & nice but nothing special”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This HI Express is nice & clean but nothing special. The check-in was quick & efficient but it was the first time in a long time that I was not acknowledged as a Priority Club (PC) member nor offered a PC welcoming goody. The room was clean and had a nice cushy chair but I was disappointed by the lack of an ottoman to put my feet up on. As others have stated, the overall hotel & decor is a bit dated. The workout room was nice & the breakfast area was spacious but my coffee was luke-warm. The focal point of the lobby & hotel for that matter is an old classic car in the center of the lobby which I understand is changed out on a regular basis with other cars. This car was spotless & buffed to a mirror-like shine. It seems to me that if they paid as much attention to details in the hotel as they do the car display, this place could be a shining star. If you just want a clean & basic place to hang your head for the night, you won't go wrong. If you're expecting anything more, you may need to head towards Nashville since this property is rated #1 among the four hotels in Hendersonville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear GRofVA,
Thank you for recognizing how clean our hotel is and the mention that your check in experience was very efficient. I apologize that you didn't receive a PCR goody. While it is not a brand standard, it is a nice touch to recognize those travelers that spend so much time away from home and are loyal to the IHG family of hotels. Our past GM discontiued the program but he is no longer with us. Your comments have supported my idea to go back to it and I thank you for that. Should you decide to visit Hendersonville again, you will receive a "thank you goody" at check-in.

I completely agree about the hotel decor being dated. The traditional interior design in the travel industry seems to be disappearing as so many new properties open with more modern styling. I'm very excited about our remodel of the all the public spaces as well as guestrooms this winter. The car display will stay, as it is a trademark of our hotel, as long as the owner of the private collection allows.

In your review, you mentioned that the hotel was "clean" three times! There is nothing worse than staying in a hotel room that you believe is unclean. While it disappoints us to know you thought we were "nothing special", we didn't disappoint you in cleanliness and I'm so proud of that.

Our new management has a lot of new exciting changes on the horizon and hope you will give us another chance to show you that we will be special again. You won't go wrong.

Your comments are very much appreciated, they can only make us better.
Carol Ernst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband & I stayed this last weekend. We loved waking up every morning to a delicious breakfast. The host, Jessie was very sweet and friendly. The pancake machine wasn't working right, and she kept working on it until it started rolling the pancakes out, my husband appreciated that. Front desk lady was very helpful in giving us directions for that day as well. Great place!!

• Stayed October 2012
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear mamapapa6,
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for noticing Jesse's persistence in getting the pancake machine working. The vendor had just replaced it and it is still a bit finicky. The pancakes are delicious and worth the wait. I'm pleased our front desk could assist in getting you to where you wanted to go. We have many restaurants and shops in Hendersonville to choose from. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with others.

Kansas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this location this weekend for one night. Staff was friendly and it was pretty much a standard HIE. You’re greeted by a classic car in the lobby which was unique, and the breakfast room was large. My only comments – the décor, while clean and kept up was slightly dated. Also there was no pancake machine to be found for breakfast, despite a poster advertising pancakes for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Roadtrip4me,
Thank you for noticing how friendly our staff was and the cleanliness of our hotel. As a property ages, it is more difficult to appear clean, even when it is clean. I agree, the property is a bit "dated" which is why we have a major remodeling project planned for late fall/early winter. We are very excited about our fresh look on the horizon!
I apologize about our pancake machine not being out during your visit. We have finally talked the vendor into exchanging it and the new one just arrived a couple of days ago.
We hope you will visit us again when you can have piping hot pancakes and can enjoy our new look.
Sweetwater, Tennessee
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When you first walk into this hotel there are 3 lounges and an antique car right in front of you. Very nice set-up. It had a decent gym, but a very small outdoor pool.But when you get to the room, it's just very standard. They had "soft" and "firm" pillows, but I couldn't tell the difference in them. The bed was firm and I am used to a pillow top so I didn't sleep very well. The shower had good water pressure. It was clean and moderatly comfortable. The breakfast included sausage, gravy, biscuits, and eggs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan Y
Dear MorganY,
While I'm glad we "didn't disappoint", I wish we could have impressed you. We follow brand standards for our pillows and mattresses, but are working to replace the "tired" pillows to better ensure guest satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to review our HIE Hendersonville. We hope you return so we can have a chance to WOW you!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Hendersonville with my family while on vacation. We have stayed at this facility many times over the years, and always had acceptable results. While the facility is aging, it's generally well managed and kept clean and in good operation. This trip was definitely out of the ordinary. With the exception of Donelle who checked me in (he was most courteous and professional in every way) this was not a pleasant stay. Not sure if we caught the housekeeping staff off guard, or if the "top secret" room we got from a booking agency put us in a b-grade room. On the first evening of our stay, my kids were already asleep, when my wife turned down the covers for our bed, only to find a significant collection of biological remnants from a previous female guest - specifically long black hair. One of the pillow cases was also stained with something I could not clearly identify as food, chemical, or biological excretion. Disgusting nevertheless. Apparently the housekeeping staff had taken a short-cut and remade the bed and not changed the linens. I know not all hotels change sheets daily, but at least remove the hairs and give me the illusion of a clean bed??? Totally unhygienic and unacceptable at any level. I visited the front desk at midnight to explain the situation and get clean linens and was met with "oh? hmm, sorry" and they gave me new linens to remake my own bed. Great service eh? Being generous I decided to forgive that and get some sleep. The next morning we noticed the shower curtains were stained with something and there were other signs of recent occupant use that had not been cleaned in the bathroom. Upon leaving the hotel for the day we made sure to leave the placard on the bed requesting the linens to be changed. Returning at 4pm (9 hours later) the beds were still not made/changed and I had to track down a housekeeper to explicitly request this to be done. This lack of attention to details was only exacerbated by the uncomfortable mattresses on the beds. The floors were probably softer... With all due respect for previous visits, this one will probably be my last.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank James K
, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear James K,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology on your families most recent experience staying with us. It appears our service failed in many ways. I have addressed this with our GM, Chad Schirtzinger, and he will be trying to contact you
directly. Since this has been brought to our attention, we have been able to retrain our housekeeping staff and front desk. All Holiday Inn Express hotels are required to change all the sheets each time a guest checks out. Thank you for complimenting Donnell and his professionalism. We hope that you will return to our hotel so we can have a chance to redeem ourselves.

Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We recently hosted a wedding that included a majority of out of town guests, including us! We chose the Holiday Inn Express due to the proximity to the venues and the cooperation of the staff. Their staff was super. They helped with the gift bags we had prepared for our guests and in numerous other ways throughout the weekend. We were able to enjoy the pool while our guests were arriving. It was a great opportunity for our family to visit with those who had driven in for the occasion. Thanks to the entire staff for making our friends and family feel welcome in Hendersonville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cdernst, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Kathy H,
Thank you for your comments directed at our level of service, it is greatly appreciated and is what keeps the staff motivated. Wehope we see you and your family soon!

Thanks again,
Avon, IN
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had 9 rooms and the conference room for the day. Donelle, Bethany and Chad went out of their way to accommodate the needs for our group. These people are professional and helpful in every way. Great experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kevin F,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear you had a "great experience"! I am glad Bethany, Donnell and Chad were accommodating and could provide the level of customer service we are so proud of. They will be pleased to know they made such an impression.

Carol Ernst
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville
Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville Hendersonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Goodlettsville
Courtyard Nashville Goodlettsville
Hampton Inn Gallatin
Hampton Inn Gallatin
#1 of 5 in Gallatin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nashville - Hendersonville? Share your experiences!