“Jen was awesome”

Big Creek Expeditions
Ranked #6 of 16 things to do in Hartford
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a family reunion( ages range from 11- 68) in June and this was one of our family outings. 4 out of 11 of us have been of white water rafting before. This river is a great one to be your first. It was enough excitement to make you want to do more. I don't know how to swim so at first I was thinking the experience was going to be how the movies show white water rafting. There was a child who didn't swim either and the 68 y/o had back issues, we all came out fine without any troubles.
I can only talk about my tour guide Jen, not the other guide (we had to split our group up since it was large). Jen was cool, relaxed, and still aware of her surroundings while talking to us. She gave us little tidbits of info of the area while answering our questions. Found out she is from Chicago like me, so we chatted about that.
I gave this 4 star instead of 5 because a few of us would have liked a couple more rapids.

There are newer reviews for Big Creek Expeditions

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our first white water rafting, Chris our guide was fantastic. When we go back to Tennessee we will use the same company and guide.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our family had our very first whitewater rafting experience with Big Creek Expeditions. It was the highlight of our vacation and our children who are 12, 9, & 8 are already asking when we will be returning. Our guide, Chris, was excellent! Thank you Big Creek Expeditions for making our vacation something we will always remember!
The Shannon Family

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had never been white water rafting, but my now husband (we were on our honeymoon) had been a couple times before. We are adventurious so we decided that this was what we wanted to do. It was great! We were there at the slower part of the season, so it was just my husband, me, and our guide Erin in the boat. We had a blast! The rapids were a lot of fun, and we even did a 360 through one of them. I cannot wait to do it again on our next vacation!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Tennessee and we decided try this out. We weren't sure what to expect but this company was very organized. Jen was our guide and she was very knowledgeable and made you feel safe. My kids enjoyed it. The kids were tired on the bus ride back but Kevin kept everyone entertained. Btw , thanks for the restaurant advice The Smokey Mountain brewery was great. Afterwards we were able to purchase a cd with our pictures on it. Let me say you will
not be disappointed when you come here. The rates are very reasonable too. We can't wait to come back. Thanks Jen and Kevin.