Ways to Experience Big Creek Expeditions
from $39.00
More Info
from $31.00
More Info
All reviews white water rafting the river mike ryan rafting trip great guide great sense of humor great experience water shoes upper pigeon lots of fun made us feel these guys top notch other companies zip lining clay rapids
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Booked our trip not sure of the water levels of the river. The staff informed us that the river had scheduled a controlled releases so we booked our trip. After checking in we were informed that the release hadn’t occurred as scheduled and water level was low. We decided to go to the drop off location with the understanding if water hadn’t been released we wouldn’t get to go. As we were pulling in the horn sounded warning the release was about to begin. The company could have said nothing and attempted the trip regardless. Glad they were upfront and honest. This was our 2nd trip with them & we will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We did the 12:30pm tour, started with instructions, which were an outstanding display of knowledge, enthusiasium, and love for the sport. Our guide was Opal, she was born and raised in Gatlinburg, TN so we got first hand information about the area. As far as the actual white water rafting, it was phenomenal. We had the best time ever. My husband and I were right up front, so we got very wet but it was a hot day and getting soaked was much appreciated.We did class II's and III's with a hint of a class IV but whatever they were rated, it was a blast. Highly recommend this place, just a note that they are located basically on the TN/NC border so allow yourself time to and from; it will be a guaranteed
fun time!

1  Thank elizabeth f
Reviewed September 16, 2018

This is a perfect introduction to white water rafting. Beautiful scenery, knowledgeable guides and just enough rolling water to keep it exciting. Would not recommend if you have experience already.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Deborah(front office) and Shane (the guide) were great to work with. The water rafting ride was a lot of fun..

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This was my 1st white water rafting experience, and for some of my friends, it was their 2nd or 3rd. We brought 3 boats full of friends, and none of us had never booked with Big Creek Expeditions. We loved every minute! The ride was exhilarating and the guides were very experienced. In fact, the average experience among the guides is about 20 years! They are also likable and knowledgeable. We never fell out of the boat or felt unsafe. At one point, they do let you jump in to float alongside the boat. That was very refreshing! Overall, we loved our Big Creek Expeditions adventure and highly recommend this company!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

This crew takes having FUN very seriously... everyone on staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Erin our guide kept us on a high thrill course through the class III and IV rapids. Not sure if you can choose your guide ( I am sure they are all good)... but if you can I would definitely recommend asking for Erin. We had a mixed group on the raft and she made us feel comfortable and had us working as a team through the rapids. If you are planning to spend some time on the river check out Big Creek Expeditions.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

This company did a remarkable job. I was scared to death and by the end of the trip was having a blast. The trip was seamless from booking online to changing out of our wet clothes. A must do if you are in the Smokies.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Our guide, Joan, was not only experienced and professional, but also hilarious! Safety and professionalism is the first impression one gets when they walk through the door. You are made to feel welcome and they want you to have a great adventure. I would recommend the upper portion of the creek even without any prior whitewater rafting experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Group of 9 on the higher and then did the float on lower, vacation is over and kids still talking about how great the rafting was. Joey our guide was outstanding and the kids had a blast with him. We will be back. Super fun, safe and friendly.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Huey was so chill. He was an expert guide and knew how to handle the river. Put me at ease. I had a great time and was very nervous at first. Due to Huey, I can say this was a fun and thrilling experience and he made me enjoy the Rapids and the adventure!