“AWESOME RAFTING TRIP FOR THE FAMILY!!!!”

Big Creek Expeditions
Book In Advance
More Info
$39.00*
and up
White Water Rafting on the Pigeon River
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Hartford
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“AWESOME RAFTING TRIP FOR THE FAMILY!!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

During the Labor Day weekend, we visited Big Creek Expeditions with our 5 & 8 year old in tow. The staff was great! Emily was our guide, and she did a great job not only as the Captain of our raft but also interacting with the kids. The lower was just right for our family, as our 5 year old loved it and it was riveting enough for my 8 year old. It also satisfied my wife and I with having the kids in the raft for the first time. I must say that I have been on several rafting trips before, but I had never surfed in a rapid before and Emily made it happen! Again, a great trip and a great value for your money. I can't wait for next year!

Visited September 2012

Norton, MA
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our second summer rafting with Big Creek Expeditions and I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling to the Smokies. We had Mike for a guide last year, who was great with our kids (ages 7 & 10 at the time). We had Tarryl (spelling?) this year and he was a great guide as well. Their prices are great, the company is very accomodating (they let us change our reservation last minute this year due to my concerns aboutthe weather forecast), and it's a great family experience. It's now my childrens' favorite thing to do when we vacation in TN (as well as my husband & I).
Definitely pick this company over some of the others, they seem less commercialized and more interested in the natural aspect of this activity.

Visited August 2012
“Awesome trip and guide!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very good experience. Our guide Jo Jo was very experienced and a great guide. The ride down river was adrenaline pumped very fun trip and we will definitely do it again! Thanks for the wonderful trip!

Sevierville, Tennessee
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“So much fun and excitement”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Last week some friends and i went rafting at Big Creek Expeditions what a blast. I have been on several raft trips and i have to say the guide Mike Ryan was one of the best i have had. He was very good at giving instruction making it very clear what you need to do. I took my 11 year old granddaughter and he put her on the back of the boat next to him and she had a wonderful time. I would recommend this company to anyone. The trip started on time and the whole experience was wonderful.

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time white water rafting and it was a blast! We had Jim for our guide, he was friendly & knowledgeable, we felt safe in his boat! Would certainly do this again!