“Great Experience...fun, safe and wet!!”

Big Creek Expeditions
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Hartford
Ashburn, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience...fun, safe and wet!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family was excited to go on our first rafting trip together and were not disappointed. From the check-in to the end of our trip, everything was perfect. We went on the Upper Pigeon river and our guide Stan did a marvelous job of guiding us down the 6 mile river. We didn't get as wet as planned as we had an older couple in our boat that wasn't to excited about the rapids, but Stan still made it fun for our family. There are a lot of rafting companies in the area, but rest assured you won't go wrong wtih this one!

Sarasota, Florida
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I (the mom) was scared, but Jordan our guide kept us safe and gave us a thrilling ride at the same time. It was our first time white water rafting and the whole family loved it. We highly recommend Jordan he was very experienced and kept us all in the boat.

Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Our guide Erica was so great!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I took my dad here for Father's Day instead of getting him a boring tee shirt or doing the same old thing. It was so fun and I am glad I did this instead of zip lining or anything else. The teamwork aspect was fun and is great for family. The other rafters weren't so great at following our guide's directions at first, but she made it work and had a blast. And when my dad couldn't get back in the raft after he went for a swim, our 100 pound guide pulled my 220 pound dad back in with no problem! I was impressed with everything at Big Creek Expeditions.

Cut Off, Louisiana
“AWESOME WOULD GO AGAIN !”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My Husband and me went with 2 other couples we had a awesome time got wet did a few tricks and joked and laughed. Our guide Jen was great made the trip a blast enjoyed her humor. If you get the chance to go do it ask for Jen she's a trip.

Visited June 2011
Southern Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME Experience - Highly Recommend”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I went with two 8 year olds and a 10 year old as well as my husband. This was a trip to remember and something we will do again. The kids had a blast and Guide Jordan was the BEST!!! He made the trip fun and maintained safety 100% of the time. I knew he had it under control. I highly recommend the trip and Big Creek as they are superior. Request the quide with the camoflauge helmet!

Visited June 2011