“Best weekend trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Hartford
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best weekend trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

A couple friends and I took a trip up to Big Bear for a weekend of rafting over the fourth of July and it was AMAZING. I'd never been whitewater rafting before, but all the instructors (Hey Gabbie and Franz!!) were very helpful and very professional, while keeping the mood very upbeat and fun. Since it was a holiday weekend, the river had a good amount of tours on it from a few different companies, Big Bear seemed to be the smallest which was a definite plus, as it felt very personal and tailored to what our group wanted to do/was most interested in, where it seemed like the other companies had so many boats going down the river that it'd be harder to get a similar experience (We even got to jump in the river and paddle alongside the raft during a slow meandering section of the river!) All in all, it was even more fun than I had expected and I'm definitely daydreaming about when I'll be able to head back up to the tiny town of Hartford, to visit Big Bear and be surrounded by mountains and sunshine. You guys did great, keep it up!

Visited July 2014

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“White Water Rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Nice stretch of river for grade 3 "middle" kind of thrills with also some mild stretches. Daniel and Becca were very professional, really friendly and definitely wanted you to have fun. "surfing" was great!

Morgantown, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent outfit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Had a great time! The guides are fantastic! You can hit the lower Pigeon Fork, for a more mild, and scenic trip, or the upper for a more exciting time. Great whitewater, with a great outfit! I'm glad I chose them! I will be returning!

1 Thank Jeff M
“Exhilarating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Christine was FABULOUS !!! We toured the lower river and had a 6 yr old that wasn't too sure about this adventure. Christine became very creative and placed her perfectly in the raft to which allowed her have a wonderful exciting time. We all loved it and can't wait to explore larger rapids when the kids get older!!! A great company with a personal touch!!

Charleston, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Super day- Nana scores with the grand kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Chose Big Bear to take my grand kids on their first raft trip. At ages three and five, the family was skeptical of their attention span. Daniel and Darla, our guides, were so entertaining and skilled. We laughed, swam, and enjoyed the scenery. All said it was the best day ever! They cannot wait to go again. Definitely recommend Big Bear Rafting for all ages! #1 activity on this vacation!

1 Thank Janice6155