“Awesome experience !”

Big Bear Rafting
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Hartford
“Awesome experience !”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We recently took the 1-2 class ( lower level) white water rafting with my 6 and 10 year old and they had a blast . I was nervous at first but our guide Willy was great and was very conscious about having my little one on the raft we liked it so much that the next day my husband and my 10 year old went on a second trip but this time in the upper river class 3-4 and where fortunate to have William again. It was the highlight of our trip. PS: They were the cheapest in town also.

Summerville, South Carolina
“Lots of fun for the whole family, great staff with lots of knowledge, and very kid friendly, even little kids!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My 3 and 5 year olds loved it! Our guide Christine was WONDERFUL with the kids! It was a very fun trip down the lower pigeon! We want to go back for the more exciting upper pigeon once the kids are older! Great staff, friendly and knowledgeable, nice facility, bring water shoes or strap on sandals as you have to wear shoes. we felt very safe At all times! Can't wait to go back again!

Visited June 2013
Nokomis
“Awesome time!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Big Bear provides online and walk-in reservation and no matter which option you choose, you are sure to have an experience that you will never forget. You will be coming back for more. Sam was my guide and he treated all on our boat to a fun time with his great personality and knowledge of the Pigeon River. A 5 star rating is definitely in order for Big Bear and its entire staff. They were friendly and welcomed everyone with a smile. They even referred my wife and me to other attractions in the area..horseback riding, cavern exploration and restaurants that we will visit again the next time we are in Hartford. Thank you for showing us a great time while we were visiting your town.

Pekin, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome, Had a blast, great staff and lots of fun memories”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We LOVED Big Gear Expeditions... The staff and guides were fun and very professional. Crystal was our guide and she did a awesome job. With all the rain the river was up and fast but we felt totally at ease with her. This was our first time doing white water rafting and it was a blast. The scenery around the Pigeon Forge river was absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend Big Bear, don't miss an opportunity to try this if you are visiting the Smokey Mountains. We for sure will be doing it again when we go back.

1 Thank Nate A
Dyer
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievably Awesome Monday!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I took my 9, 11, and 14year old whitewater rafting for the first time ever. Big Bear tour guides were knowledgeable about rafting, knew the history of the river, and kept everyone safe while providing my dare-devil 9 year old "the ride of his life!" Sam was our guide and kept us laughing the entire trip! I highly recommend Big Bear and would without reservation go again and again!

I also appreciated the ease of scheduling online. Many companies do not tour on Mondays. Big Bear does if the river water levels are high enough. I cannot say enough about the delightful experience we had!

1 Thank K B