“Best white water rafting in Tennessee!”

Rip Roaring Adventures
Ranked #9 of 16 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: Rip roaring adventures is here to provide whitewater rafting fun for the whole family. You need to be at least 3 years old to enjoy the lower 6 mile pigeon river trip and at least 8 years old to enjoy the upper 6 mile pigeon river trip. We were established in 1995 and enjoy seeing people have a good time. Our rafting trips include sections of the cherokee national forrest and a short section in the smokies.
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a blast at rip roaring rapids when I was staying in Gatlinburg! Best rates in town and our tour guide was very kind (~);}

There are newer reviews for Rip Roaring Adventures

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I took a white water rafting trip on the lower part of the Pigeon River because I was a novice. Rusty was my guide and he was very professional in suiting us up and giving us instructions. When we were able to float, he told us stories about the area and even threw in some jokes and when the water was swifter, he helped us row with ease. Here is a tip I learned from Rip Roaring Adventures. It is very helpful information to those wanting to book a raft trip in Hartford, Tn. There is an Electric Power Plant on the Pigeon River in Hartford, TN which decides which days they will generate power. When they are not generating power, there is not very much swift water. The best time to go is between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends when it is guaranteed that 4 days per week of good rafting water. The local places to eat around Rip Roaring are The Beantrees Cafe and The Pigeon River Smoke House. You can also eat at the Downtown Hartford Citgo-deli. This is a trip that nutures your soul!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I can't say enough great things about my experience. I started out being very nervous about trying this new activity. From the minute we arrived, Donna and the rest of the staff made me feel so comfortable by the time I got to the river, I wasn't scared at all…just excited and ready to start. Our guide was Rusty. His 19 years as a river guide was obvious by the way he treated everyone and his attention to safety and detail. He educated us about the river, its history, told jokes, and fit in with us like he was a friend that came along with us on the trip versus being a guide we just met. He even took us on a side trip to see the Kayak World Cup Competition that was taking place that day on the river. Awesome! This was worth EVERY penny. I want to go back! I will definitely request Rusty as our guide (but based on other’s reviews and what I observed, I am SURE every guide Rip Roarin employs is excellent.) This company is small. They aren’t one of those big “Mc-rafting” companies. I picked Rip Roarin based off of Trip Advisor reviews and nothing else. I’m so glad I gave them (and white water rafting) a chance. Their place isn’t showy, the bathrooms are well… rustic… and like one other review I read said, “You can’t judge a book by its cover.” This place is all heart and they CARE about the time you have.

2  Thank Kim R
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our Church group got to experience the Pigeon River via Rip Roaring adventures. I must say we all had a blast!! As a fly fishing guide I am on the rivers of East Tennessee and North Carolina daily!So I am very experienced on professional level. My evaluation will be from that perspective. First don't judge a book from its cover! This is a small company, but provide a very professional but laid back atmosphere. The bathrooms was the scariest part! The safety briefing was very professional and educational. The bus ride to the put-in was great community builder and fun! On the water I can only professionally speak for my experience with my guide. Woody! He read his clients very well! Almost as well as he read the water and pick the lines! He gave us a Great ride! 1 by 1 he picked everyone in the boat out. Made us all swimmers at 1 point. And we loved it!!! Any jack wagon can flip a raft. It takes skill to get them one by one. Well done Woody! Word to the wise If You are an another boat. Don't Splash Woody! You will not win! Guides have ways of retaliation!! And Woody is good! I highly recommend Rip Roaring adventures.And As long as Woody is Your guide.You We'll have a wonderful memorable experience!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was the highlight of our trip so far with our group outings! From the beginning, our guide Woody, went above and beyond to make this an amazing trip. He informed us on all we had to do and encouraged us to have fun with it. He answered all our questions not just about the rafting trip but other things about the area we wanted to know. Overall, this was a great trip and wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else!