“Awesome people, awesome experience!!”

River Rat Whitewater
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rat Whitewater thrills your family or group by making life-long memories and building camaraderie on scenic, guided whitewater rafting trips between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Cherokee National Forest. At River Rat Whitewater, we don't just raft, we jump, slide, surf and swim! Come play at Mother Nature's waterpark! Come Play at River Rat!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The good folks at USA Raft were extremely entertaining and thoroughly professional in dispensing their services. Safety was top of mind, however, they made sure we had the best time rafting!
We had Josh guiding us all the way and he's the perfect guide on this trip! They also provided us with complimentary energy bars, free key-holding and clean changing facilities!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Took kids rafting for their first time and our guide Jeff made sure they had a blast! I highly recommend him! The rest of the staff at USA raft was very helpful and took every step possible to make it a safe adventure for everyone. We will be back next summer!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first time rafting and it was awesome! MENZO was our guide and we felt very safe and had lots of fun. It was obvious he was an experienced guide that was equally concerned with our safety as much as our having fun. The whole team was super friendly and very entertaining. The bus ride alone was even fun.
We actually felt sorry for the other rafters we saw with other companies b/c they were not having nearly as much fun as us or getting to do as much.
The pictures USAraft takes for you are very good. I could not be more proud of how great our pictures were. I looked comfortable and happy like I rafted all the time.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to USA Raft for a family adventure, we had relatives from 50 to 14 years of age, and could not be happier with our experience. Jeff made us feel safe at all times, but we also had tons of fun. If you go to USA raft ask for him, he is the best!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked my family on this trip after researching outfitters on line. Our group consisted of four adults and one 8 year old. I chose them because they were smaller than the huge outfitters in Gatlinburg. I thought they were highly professionals and very well organized. Our guide, Jeff, was excellent. This was my favorite white water rafting trip ever! Our guide had us working pretty hard to get into some of those big rapids. It also helped that the river was high from all the rain. We also did come "surfing" which was awesome! We had never done that before and it was the highlight of the trip.