Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
The best weekend excursion!

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Taylor M
via mobile
Excellent Time Spent above the River

Reviewed October 6, 2018
Clara Y
via mobile

All reviews zip lining pigeon river afraid of heights take photos last summer wild water made us feel amazing experience lots of fun great trip mike tripping zips waterfall trees safety tower
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came down on a Sunday from Knoxville and did the smaller zip line course and rafting bundle! What and exhilarating experience! The staff members were hilarious, yet totally knowledgeable, and as a first timer, I felt completely safe. A very put together business with an incredible service! The views were beautiful too :)

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This was my first experience ziplining, and our guides Shane and Trey were incredibly accommodating and helpful, as well as funny. All of the lines are exhilarating, and the final line across the river was stunning. Definitely a great experience worthy of the time and money spent.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Staff were always friendly and sociable. Great place for rafting and ziplining. Ive been to many other rafting places, and this is by far my favorite.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We weren't entirely sure what to expect, and our adventure down the Upper Pigeon with Jake was fantastic! We left wishing it was longer and there were more rapids to enjoy. It's an excellent value for the price, the checkin was simple, the staff was friendly & the guide was knowledgeable, fun & conversational. We had an awesome time!

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Well I have been looking forward to this for sometime. Wasn't all I thought it would be. The guides were personable and thorough but wasn't as exciting as I hoped for. I think I would have enjoyed more if there was a different way to break ... they use your hand to break with a pair of huge gloves. And really not really thinking it was worth the $70 thought the lines would be longer should have gone to the guys next door for half the price. But it's off my bucket list.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Came with my boyfriend and we were paired with a group of about 5 to experience the course all together. Logan and Shane kept the jokes rolling and spirits high throughout. Beautiful scenery and views! Be ready to do some climbing (stairs) but nothing too severe. I had so much fun up in the canopies of the Smokies!

1  Thank Wesley M
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Very good attraction for even the inexperienced. The course is not too long and the staff was very helpful. It is a great introduction to this wonderful experience!

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I loved both of our tour guides Shane and Lawson. They were great helpers and were very funny too. All of the lines were fun and it’s worth it to upgrade to the full. They also took great pictures for a good price. It was an all around great trip, very fun.

1  Thank gabby769
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Waterfall Gorge Canopy Tour is AWESOME

Booked this trip online at the Wild Water Rafting web site. Web site worked great. We received receipt via email promptly.

Type in the address, 3555 Hartford Road, Hartford, TN, and Waze will take you directly to the log cabin headquarters. This is at exit 447 on I-40. If you are coming through the wood and backroads from Gatlinburg you will pass the building on your right 1/3 mile before you get to Hartford crossroads. Location is to the northwest of the exit.

This is the longer of the two zip line tours they offer and is well worth the extra $20 (you do 5 more zips, a group of Ewok bridges, and a 20’ rappel).

Our family did Raven’s Rim zip line in Moab last summer. This course and equipment was very similar and just as much fun. Wildwater provides helmet, full harness that also goes over both shoulders so you cannot invert, and thick gloves. It was somewhat different in that the Wildwater setup has the person zipping “self brake” to control descent speed. Not a big deal at all. They use hand signals to indicate when to brake. They also have a rope that acts as an emergency brake. Self braking involves placing your dominate hand flat on the cable to slow and stop yourself. They outfit you in heavy leather gloves with double-thick palms. I expected to feel the friction through the glove but even on the longest zip of 1/4 mile there was no heat. They let you practice on the ground course (40’ zipline about 7’ off the ground) as many times as you need to get comfortable with it.

Once everyone is comfortable with harness and safety process you start the tour. The first three zips are from tower to tower. Then we zipped across the Pigeon River and into the canopy on zip #4. Some steep stairs between several stations but nothing extreme. The canopy tour also takes you across a series of 4 suspension bridges reminiscent of the Ewok bridges in Star Wars. Fun!

After one of the zips you land on a platform that is anchored to the side of the mountain. From there you walk 30’ on a suspension bridge and then rappel 20’ to the next platform.

There is a 2nd zip across the Pigeon River and then a final 1/4 mile zip to the finish.

Guides Mike and Cassie were great. They made kids and wife feel safe the entire time.

They take photos of everyone in your group on one of the zips. You can buy a thumb drive containing photos of everyone in your group for $35.

Leave everything in your vehicle. They have water jugs and cups at several of the towers and at the end.

One caution: look carefully at the booking form. The site automatically adds a 7% cancellation insurance fee. We booked the night before the zipline adventure. We were certain to do it. If we would have been booking works or months out we may have needed the insurance. Just pay attention and make the decision for your situation.

The insurance check box did not detract from our very enjoyable experience.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the canopy tour.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

The guides were very good and took their time with safety training. The only reason i did not give higher reviews is the lines themselves. When you buy the 7 lines, the first 3 or 4 are literally in their back yard. Don't get me wrong, the one going across the river is amazing but that is the only scenic zip you will have on the 7 line. For the price i expected a little more.

Jack W, General Manager at Pigeon River Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our tour and let us know about your experience. As you know you took the Pigeon River Zipline Tour that is the shorter of the two tour options. The full Waterfall Gorge Canopy Tour has additional zips and bridges including a twenty foot repel in a 100 year old sycamore tree and a cliff-side perch. If you reply to me directly I would be happy to host your group on the longer tour for only the difference in the two tours, $20 per person.