“Exhilarating!”

and up
Upper Pigeon Smoky Mountain River Rafting
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: White water Rafting just outside of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. Located in Hartford, TN, you and your family can enjoy an exciting rafting trip on the Pigeon River with a professional and friendly guide, beautiful scenery, and high quality equipment.
Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

We did a rafting trip in October of 2016 and we had an absolute blast. We can't wait to take the kids. Our guide knows the Smoky Mountains and we talked with him the whole time. I definitely recommend this company.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)
All reviews
"first timers"
in 28 reviews
"whole family"
in 29 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 22 reviews
in 22 reviews
"trip fun"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

For the amount of fun we had, the price was a steal! AJ was our guide and he was hilarious and entertaining the whole time. He made us feel like rafting pros. Definitely recommend this place. Worth every penny!

Reviewed October 25, 2016

We went with a large group of people for a wedding. We were placed with the guide Willis for the trip. The workers at the site were nice and funny and entertaining. We took a short bus ride to the drop off location. Once in the raft, we were taught what to do. There were not very many rapids, so not a lot of paddling, but that was due to the water level, not the fault of the company. We stopped to jump off some rocks into FREEZING cold water, which was awesome. Willis kept us talking the entire time and took pictures for us. He was very knowledgeable and the perfect raft guide. We will go again with this company if we are ever back in the area.

1  Thank melpick30
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

We had a great day on the water. All of the staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Kyle was fantastic!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 11, 2016

My family and I went rafting with this company this past weekend and had an awful experience due to our guide. He had zero personality and actually scolded us and berated us like children on more than one occasion during the hour long trip...for such minor things like stroking our paddle in the wrong direction a few times and falling from our seat inside the raft during rough water. It was so tense and uncomfortable that I found myself praying the trip would end and I could not wait to get off of the raft when it finally did. My poor children were afraid to laugh or smile for fear of setting him off and I have to admit I was too! I cannot speak for the other guides that work for this company, but if you happen to get stuck with Willis...RUN!!!!

2  Thank MelSC76
BeanLeeJ, Manager at Raft Outdoor Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Dear Mel,
Thank you for your feedback, it is important to hear from our guests even and especially when they are not completely satisfied. I must admit that it is surprising to hear this about Willis as he is one of the most requested guides we have and you can look back through the reviews here and find dozens of 5 star reviews of his service. I wish we had known the day of your trip that there was an issue so we could have taken some immediate action to identify the problem and do our best to make amends with you. I am so sorry your trip was not what you expected it to be. Feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter further.

Danny