“Place to lay your head”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Harriman
North Liberty, Iowa
“Place to lay your head”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed during the 127 sale so prices are usually higher during this week. The check in went smooth and the person checking us in was professional and friendly. The beds are quite firm and the beds did not have fitted sheets just two flat sheets layed over the bed with a blanket and comforter. So that was kind of wierd. You are near the railroad tracks as well. We did not hear any road noise but being on the ground floor we could hear everyone around us and outside. So not good noise insulation. The breakfast selection was pretty slite with waffels, juice and coffee and packaged pastries and muffins that were not very good.The workout room needed attention the clock and TV didn't work and the equipment had some issues as well. The towels in the room look like they are more like a pool towel. Thin and small.

Room Tip: maybe staying on the top floor would eliminate the noise issues from others
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Burkburnett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

If you are a neat freak, don't stay here. The cleanliness of the room is questionable. The interstate is really close and can be heard over the a/c. The bed and bathroom are ok. You can stay the night cheaply. There is a micro, frig, and coffee maker.

• Stayed July 2012
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was convenient to a family gathering in the area and allows pets. I was hesitant to stay at a Days Inn due to a previous bad experience in another state, but I know they are independently operated and hoped for the best.

Check-in took awhile because we booked through a third party website and the front desk staff said that made things 'complicated'. My husband had called earlier to make sure that we got a non-smoking room and they said they could accommodate that, but when we arrived they said the only room available to us was a smoking bed with 1 double. Neither of us were smokers, but agreed to try it out.

As soon as I set foot in the room, I knew there was no way I could stay 2 nights here. The odor of stale smoke was so heavy, I knew all of our clothes and luggage would smell like smoke too. I went back to the desk and while they were courteous, they said if we wanted a non smoking room, it would be an additional $20 a day plus tax, but I felt it was worth it and we were already stuck staying at this hotel.

Our new room was very clean and had a mini fridge and microwave. They also have a continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30 AM with cereal, toast, pastries, and a waffle maker. It's pretty basic but nice that it's free. Other perks are free Wi-fi which worked great, and a fitness room. The treadmill was functional, but the bike and elliptical did not have power cords and were really rickety. I was impressed with housekeeping.

This hotel had adequate parking and there is literally a McDonald's within walking distance, along with a Taco Bell, Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesdays, and 2 other Mexican restaurants nearby. There's also a WalMart a few miles down the road. Everything seems to close pretty early here even on the weekends.

Their pet fees were very reasonable and the only other downsides I can think of is there's a train that runs by several times and the mattress was firm and uncomfortable, but it was good for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bananafishfever
Alcoa, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was the second day before we actually had a key to the room that worked. The manager was helpful and came down and unlocked the door several times for us to get back inside during the night and the next day. The room had recently been redone and was painted nice and in good condition. The bathroom was too small. The door banged on the commode. You had to push or hit it to get the door open and closed. The breakfast bar didn't have much to eat. Coffee was empty both days when I got there to eat. The beds were comfortable, but the main line for the railroad was just across the street and the train noise was loud enough to wake you up. The room had a microwave and frig and nice TV. A good place to sleep for the night and leave the next day....just plan on eating somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel is just off I-40, but there is very little road noise. Rooms were very clean and included breakfast was adequate. The bed was very "firm" but not so much as to be really uncomfortable. The rates are very reasonable. I would not pick this hotel for a vacation, but it is a perfect overnight stop when you are traveling. Not very many places to eat close by except for fast food chains and a Mexican place across the road which we found quite bland.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Loves Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

The rooms were nice and the free continental breakfast (+hot waffles ;D) were great, but the best thing about our stay was how the staff went above and beyond their call of duty by helping me on my daughter's wedding day. I brought along my printer from home to print the wedding programs the night before the wedding. We had traveled 13 hours to the wedding site and brought everything we thought we needed - including the printer. The printer decided to lock up on me now.....of all times!!!! I was feeling helpless and went and asked the Inn's front desk (Jane) if I could possibly use the printer there, but that just wasn't possible because of the hardware needed. Her son, Travis, came to the rescue and saved the day. He overheard my dilemma and went home to retrieve his own personal ink jet to help me without even being asked. Jane and Travis, you guys rock!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Billy T
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We really enjoyed this hotel! Very nice and peaceful! Beautiful mountain views! Not alot of entertainment but it isn't too far to go to Knoxville! We had a nice romantic get a way! Very reasonable rates! The only improvement I can think of is the bed NEEDS to be replaced...it was not comfortable @ all!! We both woke up with back aches! The staff though was wonderful!!!! Very kind and helpful!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AIDENSMOMMA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harriman
Comfort Inn
Motel 6 Kingston
Motel 6 Kingston
#2 of 2 in Kingston
Howard Johnson Hotel Spring City

Been to Days Inn Harriman? Share your experiences!