“The Best!”

Add it.
Shoney's
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Harriman
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We came upon Shoneys after leaving the nightmare Rodeway Inn in Harriman Tennessee. Rodeway was a disaster. But, Shoneys, with its nice buffet of great Southern cooking made our day!

There are newer reviews for Shoney's

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a beauty pageant and stayed at the Holiday Inn Hilton Express. We wanted something with a buffet and since we usually love Shoneys, we decided to eat there.The waitress sat us at a table that had grapes, onion slices and other assorted bits and pieces below the table.
It was pretty crowded and we were hungry, so we ordered the buffet. Three of us got sweet tea and one got coke.The tea was awful and bitter.
As for the buffet. ..the salad bar was a complete mess, with salad dressings being mixed, ie,.French dressing in the ranch.Grated cheese was strewn all over the salad bar items as were chopped eggs.There was a mystery meat, that I can only assume was supposed to be Salisbury steak.It was horrid!!!,
There were overcooked, hard,fried shrimp.The mashed potatoes tasted like poorly made instants and my son said the potato soup was disgusting, tasting like potato salad that someone poured milk on.Everything was awful and for a family of 4, it cost $50 plus change.
The waitress was nice and kept wanting to refill drinks, but with the bad quality of food, this Shoneys has, she just doesn't have anything to work with!
Upon check out, the cashier asked if everything was OK and I said, " Not really, it wasn't very good, plus we were seated at a table with spilled food on the floor" . She didn't offer a discount, but went to fuss at the waitress.
Also, while we were sitting at the table with garbage under it, another waitress came up mopping real close to us, which is a real turn off, when you are eating, especially, since no one had tried to clean up under our table,before we were seated.
And as I carried my plate from the buffet to our table. I nearly slid up and fell on some thing like mayonnaise in the floor.Had I not grabbed a wooden post by a booth, I would have been hurt!
Avoid this Shoneys like the plague..it does not live up to Shoneys normally high standards!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Had breakfast and they kept the buffet bar stocked with fresh food. The waitress kept coming by and checking on us and it was a very clean restaurant.