“Dated interior but good food”

Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Harriman
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The interior is 30 year old style. Decent salad bar. Good gyros and greek salads and decent pizza. Most waitresses are good and friendly. This is a place for locals, not tourists.

There are newer reviews for Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The pizza rocks (Fra Diavolo, yum!), the service is awesome (thanks Hailey) and the desserts should be illegal!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

So good that we went lunch and dinner in two days. Manager was great ordered us a cake that was fantastic.Once with my family and then dinner with my husband.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

There food was horrible! It made me wanna puke! DOnt go there is my advice!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Our son and grandson were visiting us during spring break. Our grandson chose to go out for spagetti, so we drove to Harriman. We had been to the Gondolier Italian Restaurant and Pizza once before last year, but I had forgotten to write a review then.

It was a Friday night and the place was super busy. Gave our name to the hostess and she said about 15 minutes. There were benches to sit on, but it was standing room only. Several people came in to pick up their take-out orders. The wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen were tantilizing.

We were called to a booth within the before mentioned 15 minutes. To get to the diningroom one has to go past a large dessert case. I am talking 7 or 8 cakes that are at least 6" tall. Menu is very extensive and everything we saw coming out of the kitchen looked and smelled amazing! Our waitress Betsy brought out a basket of homemade soft bread stick and our drinks (1 draught beer, 1 iced tea, 1 Sprite and 1 ice water with lemon.

My spouse had the Eggplant Parmesan. I had the Sorrentino (chicken, eggplant and smoked ham smothered in mozzarella) Both came with spaghetti with Marinara and either a toss salad or Caesar salad. Our son had a meatball sub with fries and grandson had a small BBQ chicken pizza. Everything was simply great and generously portioned! I did not have my camera, but when I got home I took picks of our leftovers.

Our waitress Betsy was very attentive, asked if we wanted another basket of breadsticks - of course we did, bringing anchoives for our Caesar salads, extra napkins, inquiring if we needed more iced tea or soda - free refills.

Betsy brought our take-home containers and asked if we wanted dessert. Our grandson (growing pre-teen) asked for a piece of Snickers pie to go. It was a very large wedge for $5.00.

Our total bill with drinks and dessert was $57.43. A very good price for 4, plus a tip for the excellent service we received from Betsy.

The Gondolier is our new favorite Italian restaurant!

2  Thank magic_carpets