“B.Y.O.P! (Bring Your Own Pillow)”

Travelodge Harriman
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Harriman
Coldwater, Mississippi
“B.Y.O.P! (Bring Your Own Pillow)”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

In the town of Harriman, this is the cheapest place to stay. We just wanted to get some sleep and hit the road again in the morning. Didn't want anything fancy. The room was clean. But the pillows were useless. 4 people, 4 pillows, all flat as boards. We got no sleep. The mattresses are quite hard as well. Very uncomfortable. Bathroom area is kinda small for 4 people but for just one or two it would be fine. No exhaust fan in the bathroom. The A/C worked well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank lauraleigh77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
TRENTON, IL
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed at the Rodeway because it was minutes from the dog show site at the East TN Agricultural Center.

Last year, I stayed a couple exits away and had to deal with ice on the highway, so this year, I decided to spend a little more and stay close to the trial site.

The Rodeway was the closest and cheapest I could find, but still about $55/nite. Plus they said they would charge me a flat $15 pet fee for my entire stay.

The management was helpful in trying to find me a nonsmoking room that didn't reek of cigarette smoke. I settled for the second room assignment because it was not as bad as the first one, although the smoke was still noticeable. Bring candles or lots of air freshener if the smell bothers you.

The place is pretty quiet, although it is located across the street from the train tracks and trains do rumble through at night. I did feel pretty safe at this hotel, esp because there were other dog people there.

I liked having a mini-fridge in the room.

They have a hot breakfast with biscuits and gravy, which was alright.

Upon checkout, I found out they overcharged my pet fee and it took several weeks and phone calls to get it deleted from my account, but they finally did.

Oh, and make sure if you don't use the safe, you also tell them that or you'll be charged a daily fee of $1.50 for the safe.

Next time, I think I'll camp at the Ag Center during the dog agility trial, because I found out you can tent camp inside.

Room Tip: Room 244 reeks of cigarette smoke, even though it's a no-smoking room. The room below it, 144...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LILI D
Harriman, Tennessee
Reviewed January 11, 2012

There has been bed bugs found in several of the rooms 143 and 157 those are the 2 rooms we stayed in .They tried to cover it up by sending us to the quality next door. Well come to find the same people own the quality that own the rodewayTerry Singh Mugha And Vinun Batta. I would not advise anyone to stay at either place .There are many other hotels to choose from in the area.

Room Tip: Stay at the holiday inn down the road look up on the hill and you will see it . thats where we final...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank rHONDA c
Trussville
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the first night of our honeymoon. We were VERY disappointed with the quality of the mattress and pillows. They were lumpy and so uncomfortable, the pillows were as flat as a pancake. They only had 1 towel in the room and a coffee pot with no coffee. The toilet ran all night and we even had to hold the toilet handle down in order for it to flush. My husband ended up having to fold the comforter up to make a pillow to get what little sleep we got. The next morning I had a rash on both sides of my face. The owner was NOT empathetic at all, on the rude and condescending side, he only gave us a 20% discount. They charges us $116.49 for a room that I wouldn't have paid $20 for. I grew up in this town and I wanted to share it with my new husband, now I am ashamed and embarrassed that I chose this hotel. Beware of this hotel if you ever stay in Harriman Tennessee. My family and I will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa T
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay and the breakfast was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This hotel is a much better of a value than staying in Knoxville.

• Stayed November 2010
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We were in town for a horse show at Roane State College, the hotel was very close and thats the only positive thing i can say for Rodeway Inn in Harriman Tennessee.

Customer Service on the phone was pitiful. They have no idea how to handle business. We had nothing but problems from the point I reserved a room to when we left.

Our rate was very affordable $40 or so dollars. We were charged on our credit card $71.
It was beyond anyone there to understand or help us resolve this issue.

The room was not the worst i have been in but if you can afford it- go stay at the new Holiday Inn Express.

I will never stay here again, the parking lot didn't feel safe, the service was awful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank wingslogo84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harriman
Baymont Inn & Suites Harriman
#1 of 2 in Kingston
Motel 6 Kingston
Motel 6 Kingston
#2 of 2 in Kingston

Been to Travelodge Harriman? Share your experiences!