“Summer time fun”
Review of Watauga Lake

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Hampton
Reviewed September 8, 2017

We love going to Watauga Lake, there is so much to do there. Camping, swimming, boating and you can rent boats from the marina. We love taking our kayak out on the lake, it is so peaceful there and are several areas with picnic tables right on the water.

All reviews
"beautiful lake"
in 16 reviews
"pontoon boat"
"man made lake"
in 2 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"great camping"
in 4 reviews
"watauga"
"cabin"

Reviewed August 8, 2017

As a mountain girl this was a great trip! We rented a cabin with family and friends and had a relaxing week. Fishing, boat rides, fishing, cook out, fishing, swimming, fishing and hiking :) The lake was not over populated and the temperatures were cool at night which was awesome for porch sitting. We will go back

2  Thank knottalot
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

This lake is beautiful. Nestled below the mountains with very pleasant temps in late July. I don't have much info on area but it is my understanding that part of the lake is 300 feet deep. They do offer cabin rentals and boat rentals. Instead of spending $4000 on a condo rental in Florida, I think we may rent a cabin here. I heard someone say that a three bedroom cabin rents for around $1800 per week? Not sure on exact prices.

1  Thank Eggbert10
Reviewed July 20, 2017

We drove over from Roan Mountain looking for a place to picnic and put our Kayak in. The 2 public areas were really nice. Peaceful and a beautiful view