“Mexican food in East Tn at it's best.”

Lacarreta Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Gray
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I read reviews and some not so good, I wonder where you would find good mexican food? I have ate at several of the LaCaretta locations in this area and all are great, fast service. Again check out the parking lot that is packed! A very good indicator of the food you will get. Applies most anywhere. But LaCaretta in Gray, Tn. on Bobby Hicks Hwy. is outstanding. It's hard for me to believe otherwise as I have traveled to Calif. where mexican food places are everywhere, also been to Mexico many times, LaCaretta will stand up against any! It is number one in East Tennessee, hands down.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We eat at La Carettas in Kingsport and Colonial Heights, and they are great. This one, not so much. Cute restaurant, nice decor, etc, but the food is very bland and not the same as the other ones. And the cheese dip is more like cheese water. Really, this is not a one time thing. Every time I have been there, I am constantly disappointed. We live less than 3 miles from here and we always go farther to the Kingsport locations, the food is just BETTER.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am a local and eat at La Carreta quite often. The quality is always consistent, the service always friendly and the entire establishment is always clean.

The fried chicken chimichanga is a favorite! You can get the lunch (half portion) and drink for less than $8!

Best margaritas in the area!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Eat in or carry out, this is one of several LaCaretta locations in the area. All are very good original mexican food. Look at the parking lot which is full most times, but there is a short wait.

I have ate here and their other locations in Kingsport, Tn.. I rank it number 1# if your going for great food!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love La Caretta! It's definatly my favorite Mexican restaurant. The prices are great! You have to try the chips and salsa with cheese dip, AMAZING!!! One of my families favorite dishes is enchilada supremema. Yummy!

Been to Lacarreta Restaurant? Share your experiences!