“Good Food”

Timberloft Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Gordonsville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have eaten here several times as they are close to a customer of mine. Their burgers are great and any of the bar-b-que items are well worth the visit. My favorite however is the fried Talapia with their homemade chips. They have good deserts also like carrot cake and cheesecake. The service is always good and effecient.The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was enjoying my visit, until I overheard the guy that was in his pajama pants say rude things to the waitress. I asked an employee who he was and I was SHOCKED to hear he was one of the owners. Not only is his appearance not suitable, but the way he was treating his employees was unacceptable. I lost my appetite and will not return to a place that does not respect the hardworking people that work for them. He was insulting and rude. Happy employees = Happy Customers.

3  Thank besosparatodos
The_Timberloft, Manager at Timberloft Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi besosparatodos,

We appreciate your candid thoughts about our business however would like to clear what seams to be a few misunderstandings!
While to the naked eye it may seem the owner was wearing his pajamas to work, no worries! They are chef pants! In fact, he is so well known for his funny pepper pants" that our moose is even wearing them on our logo! Here is a website you can check out to see the latest in Chef fashions!
www.chefwear.com

Also, the employees of Timberloft love working here and everyone considers themselves family. Most of the staff here has worked here for several years and some since day one, 16 years ago! We have been voted 'Best Place To Work' out of all the counties in the Upper Cumberland area and the owners have even closed the entire restaurant down over holiday weekends so that they could take their employees on vacation with them. We apologize if what you heard offended you however we feel like what you heard was probably taken out of context.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'm sorry to say this, but I need to withdraw my good review about the cheese steak subs at Timberloft. They apparently have stopped importing their sub rolls from Philadelphia and are using local (cheaper) rolls. The filling is still good, but the sub was disappointing. Also, the "house-made" chips were either stale or store-bought, not as good as usual. The service was still great, and I'm sure the other food is probably good, but we used to make the drive just for the cheese steak subs . . . Good Bye, Timberloft.

2  Thank cookevillegal

Hi cookevillegal,

We are disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your recent visit! We are still serving the same bread that comes straight from Philadelphia and all of our chips are homemade!
If something is ever not up to standards please let a manager know immediately so we can look into the problem and fix it for you!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

steak was cooked to perfection I wish lobster was available....Shelby was/is a great server...the only thing bad was the drunk woman I was escorting

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My Husband And I Stopped Here For Lunch On Our Way To Gatlinburg. We Had A BBQ Pork Luncheon Special Plate. It Was Onl 6.99 It Included Shredded Pork, BBQ Beans, Cole Slaw, Mini Cornbread Muffin And Home Made Chips. The Food Was Delicious And Jessica Our Server Was great.