$84
$57
$55
$108
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbed and breakfastbutterfly hollowmy home away from homeold farm houseweddingfirefliestennesseeseclusion
Reviewed May 3, 2007

My husband and I recently married at Butterfly Hollow.
Unfortunately, we could not stay at the cabin that night as we had to
make it back to Nashville for our reception late that afternoon. However, I cannot express how happy I was when I found Butterfly Hollow during an internet search looking for the perfect wedding venue. Butterfly Hollow was the answer to our prayers. We wanted a peaceful, beautiful place that would not break our wallets but would also give us gorgeous(read NON CHEESY) photos of our wedding day. Sharon and David provided that for us. We adore our wedding photos(we received our Photo CD the Wednesday after our Saturday wedding). David and Sharon did a wonderful job capturing us and our day. Also we could not have been more pleased with our wedding ceremony. David spoke to us, not at us. We laughed, we cried. Most importantly we were relaxed! One thing I will never forget is the quiet. The only sounds I heard as I walked up the "aisle" were the birds, the insects, the horses, the music piped softly through the stereo and the crunch of my shoes on the gravel. It is a memory I will always cherish. I highly recommend BH if you need peace and relaxtion! If you go give Daisy a scratch and tell her S&J said hi!

3  Thank Pinkcharlotte
Reviewed April 8, 2007

Around Christmastime, I began having fantasies of getting away from it all with my significant other. I started looking online for a nice, relaxing, quiet getaway, but I quickly discovered that most bed and breakfasts do not cater to a vegetarian diet. When I lamented to a friend about this, she told me about a site she had seen for a bed and breakfast that served organic and vegetarian foods, butterflyhollow.com.

This is what lead me to discover Butterfly Hollow, and I am so glad I did. We received a warm welcome from David and Sharon as well as the other guests. The animals were wonderful. The hiking trails were beautiful. The hot tub was sublime. And the food was delicious and suited the guests' individual tastes. I couldn't ask for anything more. (Except for maybe a hammock to take home...) ;^)

After we left, it felt like we had been reuniting with friends. I smile when I think back on it, and I hope to visit again soon.

2  Thank JenniferandDarrell
Reviewed April 6, 2007

As a young couple with family scattered all over the country we quickly realized the stress level of a formal wedding might be a little more than we were willing to endure. When the idea of having our vows exchanged at the Hollow was presented to us, We decided to give it a look and check it out. So we scheduled a time to look around. We set out on a Sunday afternoon and headed to the Hollow. When we pulled into the Hollow it was so much to take in at one time, I remember thinking to myself " If there is a piece of Heaven on Earth, this is it" And from that point on we knew this was where we wanted to start our married life togther. Our weekend was great, the serenity and peaceful atmosphere was exactly what we needed. The wedding was so beautiful, David and Sharon put so much into making sure that every detail was taken care of and thats what allowed it to be such a wonderful and personal start to our lives together. If you look around and really soak in your surroundings you will quickly figure out what kind of people they are, anyone can take an old house and make it livable to todays standards, but to take an old house and bring it back to life without taking away from its history takes so much more than that. When you are in this house you can feel the history, and you can imagine the blood, sweat and tears that it took to allow you to feel that history. The Hollow is so amazing and it will quickly make you feel at home, so if you just need to get away for a weekend of lounging in the hammock, hiking the trails or are looking for the perfect for THE perfect place to get married we strongly recommend Butterly Hollow, We are proud to say that we arrived with acquantinces and left with dear friends and a little Hollow in the hills of Tennessee that we will hold very closely to our hearts for the rest of our lives. Check it out , you will do the same.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jhowardOldHickoryTN
Reviewed April 3, 2007

The couples drawn to a Butterfly Hollow wedding are seeking an EXTRA-ordinary, private, unique place to exchange their vows. Away from the emotional hassles of a 3-ring-circus wedding sits Butterfly Hollow. If you look at this website and think "THIS is too good to be true" TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS....it is as beautiful as the pictures would have you believe. Your wedding will be tailored to you and your partner, the hollow beckons you to exchange vows in the gazebo...and the "back-up" plan in case of rain is the most gorgeous 1890's farmhouse you could envision. Quite an acceptable "plan B". If you are high maintenance, thrive on cell phones and chaos, actually enjoy crowds and lots of hubub, STAY AWAY from Butterfly Hollow. It will not be your cup of tea. And they are okay with that. But if you find yourself longing for the deeply personal, the out of the way, the peaceful wedding memory of a lifetime....then baby, THIS IS YOUR PLACE. Our wedding brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. David and Sharon are angels of intimacy.

3  Thank 1ForKids
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I can't say enough about our friends David and Sharon, and their unique place of rest and refreshment. I think what sets certain B&B's apart from others goes beyond the location, the amenities or the surroundings. Sometimes there is a sense of peace, joy and wholeness that you can't put your finger on, but is palpable and tangible nonetheless. Butterfly Hollow is such a place, and to me a lot of that is due to David and Sharon, the story of the hollow, and their genuine love and friendship they offer their guests. I would easily say that anyone who visits this blessed haven will find friends for life, and will have many happy returns.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple