Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
$93
$88
QualityInn
$95
My Place Hotel-Nashville / Lebanon, TN(Lebanon)(Great Value!)
$95
Travel Inn(Lebanon)
$80
$70
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbed and breakfastbutterfly hollowanniversary tripsdaughter's weddingmy home away from homeold farm houseenjoy naturepeace and solitudefirefliestennessee
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My fiance and I chose to elope to Butterfly Hollow. It was a wonderful experience and the hollow is a paradise! The house is incredibly clean, smells WONDERFUL, and David and Sharon are an amazing couple! They did a wonderful job planning all the details of our special day and we hope to return soon to spend more time there! The food was fabulous and the surroundings are breathtaking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We especially love how you made note of the "smells". The combination of the earthy-wood scents from all the Tulip Poplar inside, along with fresh flowers in every room, the occasional waft of Sage and Lavender from our home grown incense and the lingering essence of breakfast ..... ahhh the perfect blend.

D & S

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were married in April 2013, and being my first wedding, I was very nervous. We live in Michigan, so we had to go over our wedding details by e-mail and phone calls. The hosts, Sharon and David, answered all of my questions. They even answered questions I never thought to ask! Upon our arrival, the property was a picture right out of a magazine. A butterfly followed us up the road leading to the house. The smells and sounds took us over. The living quarters were clean, private, and five star. My family and friends that joined us were at a loss for words.

Butterfly Hollow will forever be in our hearts. If you have stumbled upon this place, you are one of the lucky ones.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian N Jennife... F
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We loved seeing your smiles as you arrived in the hollow. I hope the butterfly that led you in, followed you home too. Thank you for all the wonderful conversations and YES... please do find your way back to the hollow one day soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow in March 2013. Although our wedding took place in the middle of a thunderstorm, David and Sharon made our day absolutely perfect! Saying our vows inside of their home with family and friends was cozy and very romantic. We have made the promise to each other to stay at the hollow every year for our anniversary!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

It usually never rains on a wedding day..... but on this spring day, how special it truly was. The restored 1899 farmhouse was filled candles glowing in mason jars hanging from the rafters, flowers in every corner and a flicker in the fireplace to warm the day. What made it so special though was the love radiating between this awesome couple, the music he played for her on his guitar and the looks of love and admiration that was shared between all their guests. The perfect ending though was when the clouds cleared and we still were able to slip out into the gardens for a few wedding day pictures.

With Love-

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow this past November and we could not be any happier. David and Sharon did an amazing job making our special day perfect! They took care of all the details and left us stress free. We had a few friends attend our ceremony and they raved about how beautiful everything turned out. Their property is absolutely gorgeous and so relaxing. We enjoyed this place so much that we plan on going back for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind and loving words. Weddings SHOULD be stress free and filled with what maters the most. We feel so privileged to have been a part of such a wonderful day.
Happy Beginnings!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

When my husband and I got engaged last year, we like most couples first began looking for a venue to hold the ceremony and reception. I discovered Butterfly Hollow through searching through Google for "garden weddings". It kept popping up, and nothing else came close to comparison, so we knew that we needed to visit the Hollow for ourselves. When we had tea and cookies with Sharon and David, and took a little stroll around, we knew that this would be the place. It was so peaceful and full of natural life, it was magical. It was more than magical, we were actually arguing on the way there, and once we got there it was like a wave of peace came over us and calmed whatever it was that was causing us stress.

We set our date in June, and once the time came around, Sharon and David took care of everything: the pictures, cake, ceremony, flowers, and a whole lot more. My maid of honor and I stayed the night before and awoke to an amazing breakfast and beautiful scene for the wedding. It was such a beautiful stress free day, and they made it absolutely amazing and a day that one's wedding should feel like, special and beautiful.

I highly recommending visiting Butterfly Hollow for your intimate wedding or just to stay the weekend, either way you will come back rested and spiritually refreshed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your wedding in Butterfly Hollow. You both radiated and we feel so honored to be a part of such a wonderful day in your lives. Love, D & S