“Our Wedding was Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonsville
Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Gordonsville B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Our Wedding was Perfect!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow in March 2013. Although our wedding took place in the middle of a thunderstorm, David and Sharon made our day absolutely perfect! Saying our vows inside of their home with family and friends was cozy and very romantic. We have made the promise to each other to stay at the hollow every year for our anniversary!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
It usually never rains on a wedding day..... but on this spring day, how special it truly was. The restored 1899 farmhouse was filled candles glowing in mason jars hanging from the rafters, flowers in every corner and a flicker in the fireplace to warm the day. What made it so special though was the love radiating between this awesome couple, the music he played for her on his guitar and the looks of love and admiration that was shared between all their guests. The perfect ending though was when the clouds cleared and we still were able to slip out into the gardens for a few wedding day pictures.

With Love-
D&S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I were married at Butterfly Hollow this past November and we could not be any happier. David and Sharon did an amazing job making our special day perfect! They took care of all the details and left us stress free. We had a few friends attend our ceremony and they raved about how beautiful everything turned out. Their property is absolutely gorgeous and so relaxing. We enjoyed this place so much that we plan on going back for our anniversary next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind and loving words. Weddings SHOULD be stress free and filled with what maters the most. We feel so privileged to have been a part of such a wonderful day.
Happy Beginnings!

D&S
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

When my husband and I got engaged last year, we like most couples first began looking for a venue to hold the ceremony and reception. I discovered Butterfly Hollow through searching through Google for "garden weddings". It kept popping up, and nothing else came close to comparison, so we knew that we needed to visit the Hollow for ourselves. When we had tea and cookies with Sharon and David, and took a little stroll around, we knew that this would be the place. It was so peaceful and full of natural life, it was magical. It was more than magical, we were actually arguing on the way there, and once we got there it was like a wave of peace came over us and calmed whatever it was that was causing us stress.

We set our date in June, and once the time came around, Sharon and David took care of everything: the pictures, cake, ceremony, flowers, and a whole lot more. My maid of honor and I stayed the night before and awoke to an amazing breakfast and beautiful scene for the wedding. It was such a beautiful stress free day, and they made it absolutely amazing and a day that one's wedding should feel like, special and beautiful.

I highly recommending visiting Butterfly Hollow for your intimate wedding or just to stay the weekend, either way you will come back rested and spiritually refreshed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your wedding in Butterfly Hollow. You both radiated and we feel so honored to be a part of such a wonderful day in your lives. Love, D & S
Hartsville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 10, 2012

If you are looking to get away from it all and just be able to enjoy nature and the beauty the outdoors has to offer then this is the perfect place for you. Me and my husband stayed here to celebrate our fifth anniversay and plan to make this an annual event. It is so relaxing, David and Sharon make you feel like part of their family and are very easygoing good people......We highly recommened the Butterfly Hollow for any occasion.

Room Tip: both rooms are cozy,clean,and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the glowing review! We'd love to make your anniversaries in Butterfly Hollow an annual tradition. D & S
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My twin sister and I saw an advertisement for Butterfly Hollow in the spring and were very intrigued by all that David and Sharon had to offer. We immediately contacted them to inquire about scheduling a visit and due to their popularity, we were not able to book until that September. Given that autumn is my favorite season, I thought that it would be the perfect time. As it turns out, I was completely right! The wait was so worth it. It truly was one of the best decisions that my sister and I have made. We have wanted to experience a bed and breakfast, and we are beyond thankful that Butterfly Hollow was our first. Without a doubt, we will be returning. David and Sharon are so kind and generous, and one can tell that these attributes genuinely describe both of them to a t. I highly advise anyone to book a visit, either a "Rest and Retreat" as my sister and I did or a "Romantic Getaway." It is the perfect way to unwind, reenergize, and experience nature as it is intended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
There's nothing finer than two sisters sharing a weekend together, laughing, and filling the hollow with your radiant smile and stories. We look forward to your next visit! D & S
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After an exceptional weekend at Butterfly Hollow last year, I immediately booked a return trip this year. When scheduling relaxing vacations since my last trip to Butterfly Hollow, I must say, nothing compares! The charm, beauty, and peace that Butterfly Hollow has is above and beyond anywhere else I have ever stayed. While I was there, the other couple staying had a beautiful elopement and I was able to witness a wedding first hand at Butterfly Hollow. While David and Sharon were very busy with the happy couple, they took special time to insure that I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Their hospitality, friendliness, and genuine love for nature and thier guests is evident in every detail of one's stay...from the out-of-this-world breakfast to the ambiance of twinkling lights, candles, and music on the porch to the comfy bed, this place is pure magic for the solo traveler looking for rest and relaxation! Every time I leave Butterfly Hollow, I feel an incredible peace that carries through long after my stay. I will definitely continue to return every year.

Room Tip: Both rooms are exceptional! Private baths, beautiful and comfortable living quarters give one a fee...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ButterflyHollow, Owner at Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
It was wonderful to watch your transformation during your rest and relaxation weekend in Butterfly Hollow. Maybe it was the massage, or your time soaking in the outside Jacuzzi, or perhaps just those quite moments when you could slow down and listen to the birds.... but what ever the magic ingredient was, you left with a GLOW. We look forward to seeing you again soon. D & S
Athens, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband actually came across this bed & breakfast when we were starting to talk about getting married. As soon as we saw it, we instantly fell in love with the pictures. The very night he proposed, we emailed them to secure a date to have our ceremony here, and it was perfect from then on. David and Sharon were so amazing with every little detail leading up to our big day and then during our ceremony. They literally thought of everything.

Arriving at Butterfly Hollow was absolutely heavenly. It is tucked away in a peaceful corner where gorgeous flowers bloom and butterflies flutter by the dozens. They had everything planned out for our ceremony, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The photos they took were and still are breathtaking. I can't imagine doing anything different for my ceremony. It will be a memory we will always cherish, and we can't thank David and Sharon enough!

(Plus, we loved the marriage advice :) Thank you again! You guys will always be in our hearts!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your Candlelit Exclusive wedding! We can still see you both smiling by the candlelit as we served the French Bordelaise sauce over Smoked Brisket the evening after your wedding. There will always be a part of you here and hopefully when you have your morning cup of coffee in your Butterfly Hollow mugs, you'll smile at the warm memories.
D & S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gordonsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Lebanon
Rodeway Inn Gordonville
Rodeway Inn Gordonville
#1 of 1 in Gordonsville
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#2 of 3 in Carthage

Been to Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat? Share your experiences!