“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonsville
Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Gordonsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Butterfly Hollow this year and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. The grounds are beautiful with lots of room to just meander around and enjoy being outside. The home is comfortable and inviting with a large deck and numerous hammocks to nap in. As nice as the location is though the weekend was truly made by the people we shared it with. David and Sharon were friendly, inviting and attentive without being obtrusive. I truly enjoyed the opportunities to sit and talk with them...you can tell that they enjoy what they do and they easily make you feel at home. I could tell that I was not the only person who felt that way when I met the other couple who spent the weekend in the hollow with us. Ken and Carla were not just coming back to a favorite B&B...they were coming to back to visit friends and that will be the same reason I return. If I am really lucky it might even turn in to a reunion.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert C

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We found Butterfly Hollow while searching online for wedding destinations. We looked at several different destinations in several different states across the U.S., but we just kept coming back to Butterfly Hollow. It just seemed right. The photos were beautiful, the package included everything we wanted, the reviews were all great, and the owners seemed amazing. We just had the feeling that the Hollow was the right place for us. Boy, were we right! I actually teared up (for joy!) even driving up the lane to the Hollow when we first arrived - you can just tell it is magical. From the moment we drove up the lane, to the moment we first saw the home and grounds, to the moment we met David and Sharon, to our FABULOUS wedding - it was all absolutely perfect. David and Sharon are very special people - they radiate love for one another which just adds to the wonderful feeling of a wedding at the Hollow. We felt so at home the entire time we were there, and our family/guests all felt the same. David and Sharon's attention to detail is amazing. I could go on and on about how wonderful the Hollow is - but you just need to experience it for yourself. We were traveling from our home in Alaska, and some of our friends and family were skeptical considering we had never been to the Hollow - we were just going based off of the website, photos, reviews, and most importantly - our gut insticts. It was immediately clear we picked the PERFECT wedding spot. We LOVED everything about our stay, our hosts, and our wedding. We did the grand affair package, and everything was spectacular - the welcome basket, breakfasts, cake, photos, flowers, everthing. I definitely recommend staying two nights - you won't want to leave! We are excited to visit the Hollow and our new friends again!!

~Amanda & Dane, married on October 8, 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We got married at Butterfly Hollow on April 23rd, 2011 and could not have had a better day. We knew we wanted to get married here when we went to visit the previous year. The moment we arrived, we felt peaceful and content. David and Sharon are wonderful to work with and our wedding was better than we had hoped for. We did not have to stress during the day as they were about 5 steps ahead of us on all the details. I felt like I glided through the day without a worry. Not only was our little wedding beautiful, but it was fun! I had several people tell us it was one of their favorite weddings they had attended. My husband and I talk about our wedding all the time and how we wish we could re-live that day. We have not stayed overnight yet, but it is definately on our wish list. I think of Butterfly Hollow as an oasis from the fast-paced, chaotic world. It's a peaceful, calming, quiet, beautiful, and joyful place to be.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

on Sept. 16th me and my soon to be husband took a trip to butterfly hollow to say our vows with their candel light exclusive package getting there took a bit of finding but well worth it. The House is amazing and so are they couple who run it. So nice and sweet being our first time at a B&B we were a little nervous but Sharon and David made our stay and our ceremony on the 17th a memorable occasion. Our family that came also was amazed by the place. The House is goregous the land it sits on is like a country shangra-la . Our meals prepared for us where better then any 5star establishment we have been to . All in all it was the best time we have had and we plan on going back. And so do my parents as they were just in awe of the area .

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We got married at Butterfly Hollow on 9-18-11. The home and the grounds were gorgeous. The ceremony was just as we wanted, simple and sweet. Our only regret was not staying the weekend there. I could have spent hours on the porch watching the hummingbirds and butterflies. We will be back to stay for our anniversary for sure.Thank You! Stacey & Eric

Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you are looking for that perfect romantic get away/ceremony please consider the Hollow!!! We are from Northern MN and were looking for a home away from home feel. Naturally we were a bit hesitant, at first, putting our trust in strangers to give us the private, intimate ceremony we wanted. They listened to our concerns and we found them to be a very warm, loving couple welcoming us into their home. David and Sharon Rasmussen made it so special for us! We had to change our wedding package after we'd already confirmed a weekend, but they were very gracious, and accommodating, making it an easy transition into the new package. They are so easy to work with, well organized and respond very quickly if not the same day, with every contact I made. We can't thank them enough! We both still cry when we talk about it. The words David choose, were so beautiful, heartfelt, and sincere. This marriage has been so long in the waiting for the both of us that we wanted to save every memory and make these first few private days as intimate and romantic as possible..and it happened at a quaint place just down the cured path called Butterfly Hollow. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My now husband and I married at Butterfly Hollow on 10 September.
As per a previous reviewer, we too found this site through a google search, and as there was just the two of us travelling, decided it would make a perfect venue for our elopment.
From the moment you drive towards the house, you are exported into a valley of paradise!
The surroundings almost make you want to rub your eyes and pinch yourself as they are so unbelievable.
Our hosts, Sharon and David could not have been more welcoming. Calming our pre-wedding nerves and making our day oh so special.
This is most definately a place where you will want to return again and again.
Our wedding photographs were spectacular, reflecting the day wonderfully.
I cannot say enough about our visit to Butterfly Hollow - we leave a little of ourselves behind, beckoning us to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat? Share your experiences!