“The Hollow is awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gordonsville
Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Gordonsville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I spent another weekend at Butterfly Hollow which makes it the 5th year we've been going. For us there's not many places that are as relaxing and rejuvenating as our weekend there. The hosts Dave and Sharon are awesome people that we could spend hours talking to. I would prescribe a trip to the Hollow to any and all.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

my husband and i visited butterfly hollow with friends of ours that had visited before and told us numerous times that we needed to visit. from the very first welcome, david and sharon were the most gracious hosts we've ever experienced! their home is cozy and welcoming, and our bedroom was romantic and charming. both of our breakfasts were amazing, and as self-proclaimed foodies, we agreed with david and sharon that they need to publish their own cookbook! the landscape of butterfly hollow is incredible...there are gardens of vegetables and flowers to walk through (butterflies of all kinds, everywhere!!), hammocks all over the place and a wrap around porch to just die for. we loved the hammock chairs so much, we brought one home! my husband and i were constantly smiling, with a glass of wine in hand, just observing the splendor around us, which magnified the beauty between the two of us. if you find yourself struggling to relax...stay at butterfly hollow for a weekend. it will be a getaway you won't soon forget, and you'll find yourself planning your next visit even before you leave!

1  Thank candlechicky
Reviewed July 26, 2011

After dealing with the stress of planning a wedding, my now husband and I decided to elope. I found this B&B through a Google search & fell in love with it from the pictures (which I must add do not do the place justice!). It is truly an enchanting place.
The owners are wonderfully kind and genuine people. They were patient, and VERY helpful. Words cannot describe how wonderful David & Sharon made our wedding day. The only thing I wish, I would have done differently, is stayed at the B&B.

Room Tip: Charming and clean
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had been in desperate need of a restful getaway. After having a perfect wedding at Butterfly Hollow, we decided to go for another visit choosing their "All Inclusive Retreat." For 3 days we were in our little piece of heaven enjoying all the beautiful flower gardens, butterflies and wildlife that make the hollow such an enchanting place. There is nothing like feeling at home when you are away from home. :)

One of the most delightful parts of the getaway was the meals that Sharon and David lovingly prepared with fresh goodies picked from their organically grown garden. The meals were amazing and we haven't enjoyed meals like that in a LONG time.

As we drove out of the hollow we were escorted by butterflies and were more refreshed than ever. Being in the hollow was exactly what we needed to renew and refresh our tired and worn out souls. Thank you for sharing your home and wonderful meals with us. We really look forward to visiting Butterfly Hollow again soon!! :)

Room Tip: Both of the rooms at Butterfly Hollow are wonderful! :)
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I went there for our two year anniversary, and had a wonderful, relaxing time. Little did I know that he had been planning, with the help of David and Sharon, to propose to me that weekend. David and Sharon were amazing hosts, and made us feel at home from the beginning. The cabin was beautiful and cozy. There were fresh wildflowers in our room when we arrived, they had magazines and books too look through, and the garden was beautiful. We spent a lot of time lounging in the hammock on the porch watching the hummingbirds and butterflies. It was the perfect getaway, and I have no doubt that we'll go back.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Not only were we married at Butterfly Hollow, we found new friends as well. David and Sharon are two of the most beautiful people you could ever know. Their loving spirit shows in all that they do at Butterfly Hollow - it is reflected in the care they take with every tiny detail. Our wedding was simply beautiful and tailored to our desires. The food served was delicious, the wedding cake was heavenly, the accomodations were warm & welcoming. Butterfly Hollow is delightful in every way. A place to recharge your spirit, to connect to your loved one, to rejoice in God's creation. We plan to come back again soon and will always be looking forward to it in our hearts. It's part of us now, part of our love story. We'll never forget it.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Staying at Butterfly Hollow is an experience that cannot be described by bullet points or package features. For us, it was like staying at the home of old friends, though in reality it was our first meeting with David and Sharon. They go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome -- from mulberry iced tea while swinging in the hammock to sharing laughter and stories at the breakfast table.

Their attention to detail was extended to our wedding, which we had at the Hollow. Our plan to wed at the Hollow was rather last minute (we booked 3 weeks before the date!), but the wedding was perfect. I feel for the brides and families who labor over extensive plans and rack up debt for their weddings. Our wedding was without the stress of a grand affair, but did not lack the class and style one would want for their big day. The decor was fantastic, the pictures amazing, and the cake stylish and delicious. Plus, we were able to add any and all personalizations to make the day truely our own.

We look forward to future trips to the Hollow to hike its trails, explore the area, and to recapture the peace and joy we found on our first visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Butterfly Hollow - A Hidden Retreat? Share your experiences!