“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Let me start with check in. The lady at the front desk the night we checked in had the personality of a wet sponge. She did tell us “OH you are in one of the NEW rooms" A bit of a perk we thought. Until we opened the door and the lovely aroma of body odor and mildew hit us. From what we could tell new meant a thin coat of badly painted walls, stick down laminate floor in the bathroom area, along with a shower insert, and carpet & light fixtures that looked like they used and repurposed at best. Also there was a table and chairs stuffed in the room between the air unit and the bed which made it impossible to even walk on one side of the room. We seriously considered putting it outside due to how ridicules it was inside the room. But we just pushed it as far into the corner as we could as not to disturb other guests. The bed was Ungodly caved in the middle of it was barely the width of our room key (took pics to prove it). There was a huge crack along the top of the ceiling and the wall right above the bed. The top of the TV was covered in a nice heavy sheet of dust. Our non-smoking room had cigarette burns on the edges of just about every piece of furniture in the room. There was a open bar of used soap with pubic hair stuck to it in the shower. And when we turned down the bed to go to sleep there were three pillows on the bed on top of the dirty sheets with many hairs and a visible butt print. I called the front desk to request clean sheets and was told by the attendant that she didn’t think they had any clean sheets. Then she asked me "if I can’t find any clean sheets would you want to move rooms?" What? Um Yes! She did find sheets, and called us to come get them and put them on the bed ourselves. Also two door keys, only one worked on night one. Day two neither worked. When we went to front desk "oh we only authorized for one night". Toilet leaked from tank in floor every time you flushed it. There is more but I would be listing things for eternity if I continued.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Please accept my sincerest apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve upon these things. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I want you to know that I am personally taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Should you like to discuss with me personally your experience, please contact me by email at i0115@redroof.com. Please accept again my apology and I hope that you will consider Red Roof for your future travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Carbondale, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

After a last minute change of plans, and our favorite Nashville value hotel of the same name was booked full, we let the Red Roof booking people talk us into booking here. Unfortunately, I had no time to check reviews. Upon checking in, I was told we would put in the second building because it contained all the remodeled rooms. Hah- remodel must have meant the new counter & sink. Room was on the noisy highway side and the it was small. So small that the table was jammed in between the bed and A/C which made the cold air blow under the table and straight onto the bed all night. The mattress was terrible- massive sagging was obvious (remodeled??). Chair was stained and had cigarette burn holes. Only one hand towel and one shampoo for 2 people. No clock, and carpet was not very clean. The door lock was such that you had to hold down the inside handle to disengage the dead bolt and then hold down the outside handle in order to shut the door. Forget about holding luggage while doing this as it takes two hands. Lastly, a pool of water on the bathroom floor behind the toilet probably from a slow leak- or previous occupant. The rest of the bathroom was clean. The sagging mattress was the worst part of this stay as we did not get a decent sleep. Check your "remodeled" room before booking! I will look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Highway side is noisy- check your room first!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank You to our guests from Illinois for choosing Red Roof Inns. I deeply apologize for the quality issues you recently experienced while being our guest. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the situation. I have personally taken steps to fix the problems you encountered. Should you like to discuss with me personally your experience, please contact me by email at i0115@redroof.com. Please accept again my apology. My staff and I hope to see you again at our Goodlettsville, Red Roof when you future travels require loding.

Travelers are raving about these Goodlettsville hotels

Garden City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Red Roof was very clean and up to date. Solid wi-fi. Right off I-65 adjacent to a Cracker Barrel. We were there for a softball tournament and due to poor weather they were going to decide at 11am Saturday if the tournament would be cancelled. This was right at checkout time. I spoke with the manager who was very understanding. She said we could stay late and then just let her know if we needed to cancel the second night - which we had to do. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank You to our ball team guests for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We truly appreciate guests posting all their comments and/or concerns so others can read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs and hope to see you again next year in the ball tournaments.
Lancaster, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We checked in on Friday, May 17, 2013- As soon as we got into room- it smelled awful-like cigrette smoke-it was a non-smoking room. Phone rings- front desk lady asked"How's your room?" I said it smells and it's dirty. She says we are all filled up- no other rooms available. Rug was so dirty- we were afraid to take our shoes off. No coffee pot, no hair dryer. Ice machine in our building was not working--had to walk in pouring rain to main building to get ice. We booked 2 rooms- my daughter stayed in the other room- same nasty conditions- we went out and got Lysol and sprayed. We tried other hotels but were booked up. We were there for grankids graduation....very dissatified....will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not sty here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank You to our guests from Lancaster, KY for sharing your experience with others. We truly appreciate guests posting their comments and concerns for others to read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. We are currently updating and remodeling our rooms so please excuse the mess when you stay. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs. We are looking foward to making your future stay a more enjoyable one.
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I stayed there in January 2013. The room reaked of a nasty, smoke smell. It was in the dead of winter and the heat was not working properly. And to top it all...our room had roaches (I am not exaggerating...we saw more than one). I was so embarrassed because I was the one who booked the hotel. I will NEVER stay there again. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Sorry...no tips other than, do not stay here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I sincerely apologize to our guests from Charlotte, NC and Thank You for letting us know you experienced a problem. We obviously did not meet our standards or your expectations for your stay back in January. We always strive to provide a clean comfortable room in a relaxed and pleasant environment for our guests. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about your stay. I can be reached here at the Inn with phone number (615)859-2537. I am personally taking the corrective measures to address all the problems you encountered while being our guest here in Goodlettsville. If you are in the area again we hope you will give us another chance to better serve your needs. Again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I will be waiting for your call to discuss with you some type of compensation for your unpleasant experience.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was pretty impressed. I went there just me and my two kids. Front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. It even had a fridge, microwave and hair dryer. There are several restaurants right next to it. Not fancy, of course, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laura A
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
On behalf of myself and all my staff here at Red Roof Inn, Goodlettsville, we would like to thank our guest from Rochester, NY for choosing us for your lodging needs and special thanks for sharing your experience with others. We strive hard here as a team to provide exceptional service to all of our guest and are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon, when your travels bring you back to the Goodlettsville area.
Auburn, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Red Roof is just a basic hotel so i don't expect much. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations. We were just passing through and needed an inexpensive place to sleep for a few hours. The room was obviously newly renovated and extremely clean. We were pleasantly surprised. It's right off of I-65 and convenient to many restaurants and gas stations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You to our guests from Auburn, Indiana for taking the time to share your experience. My staff and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our Red Roof Inn in Goodlettsville. Looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.