“Might find better elsewhere”

Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed June 21, 2013

After a last minute change of plans, and our favorite Nashville value hotel of the same name was booked full, we let the Red Roof booking people talk us into booking here. Unfortunately, I had no time to check reviews. Upon checking in, I was told we would put in the second building because it contained all the remodeled rooms. Hah- remodel must have meant the new counter & sink. Room was on the noisy highway side and the it was small. So small that the table was jammed in between the bed and A/C which made the cold air blow under the table and straight onto the bed all night. The mattress was terrible- massive sagging was obvious (remodeled??). Chair was stained and had cigarette burn holes. Only one hand towel and one shampoo for 2 people. No clock, and carpet was not very clean. The door lock was such that you had to hold down the inside handle to disengage the dead bolt and then hold down the outside handle in order to shut the door. Forget about holding luggage while doing this as it takes two hands. Lastly, a pool of water on the bathroom floor behind the toilet probably from a slow leak- or previous occupant. The rest of the bathroom was clean. The sagging mattress was the worst part of this stay as we did not get a decent sleep. Check your "remodeled" room before booking! I will look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Highway side is noisy- check your room first!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank You to our guests from Illinois for choosing Red Roof Inns. I deeply apologize for the quality issues you recently experienced while being our guest. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding the situation. I have personally taken steps to fix the problems you encountered. Should you like to discuss with me personally your experience, please contact me by email at i0115@redroof.com. Please accept again my apology. My staff and I hope to see you again at our Goodlettsville, Red Roof when you future travels require loding.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Red Roof was very clean and up to date. Solid wi-fi. Right off I-65 adjacent to a Cracker Barrel. We were there for a softball tournament and due to poor weather they were going to decide at 11am Saturday if the tournament would be cancelled. This was right at checkout time. I spoke with the manager who was very understanding. She said we could stay late and then just let her know if we needed to cancel the second night - which we had to do. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank You to our ball team guests for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We truly appreciate guests posting all their comments and/or concerns so others can read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs and hope to see you again next year in the ball tournaments.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We checked in on Friday, May 17, 2013- As soon as we got into room- it smelled awful-like cigrette smoke-it was a non-smoking room. Phone rings- front desk lady asked"How's your room?" I said it smells and it's dirty. She says we are all filled up- no other rooms available. Rug was so dirty- we were afraid to take our shoes off. No coffee pot, no hair dryer. Ice machine in our building was not working--had to walk in pouring rain to main building to get ice. We booked 2 rooms- my daughter stayed in the other room- same nasty conditions- we went out and got Lysol and sprayed. We tried other hotels but were booked up. We were there for grankids graduation....very dissatified....will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not sty here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank You to our guests from Lancaster, KY for sharing your experience with others. We truly appreciate guests posting their comments and concerns for others to read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. We are currently updating and remodeling our rooms so please excuse the mess when you stay. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs. We are looking foward to making your future stay a more enjoyable one.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I stayed there in January 2013. The room reaked of a nasty, smoke smell. It was in the dead of winter and the heat was not working properly. And to top it all...our room had roaches (I am not exaggerating...we saw more than one). I was so embarrassed because I was the one who booked the hotel. I will NEVER stay there again. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone!!

Room Tip: Sorry...no tips other than, do not stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I sincerely apologize to our guests from Charlotte, NC and Thank You for letting us know you experienced a problem. We obviously did not meet our standards or your expectations for your stay back in January. We always strive to provide a clean comfortable room in a relaxed and pleasant environment for our guests. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about your stay. I can be reached here at the Inn with phone number (615)859-2537. I am personally taking the corrective measures to address all the problems you encountered while being our guest here in Goodlettsville. If you are in the area again we hope you will give us another chance to better serve your needs. Again I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I will be waiting for your call to discuss with you some type of compensation for your unpleasant experience.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was pretty impressed. I went there just me and my two kids. Front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. It even had a fridge, microwave and hair dryer. There are several restaurants right next to it. Not fancy, of course, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laura A
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

On behalf of myself and all my staff here at Red Roof Inn, Goodlettsville, we would like to thank our guest from Rochester, NY for choosing us for your lodging needs and special thanks for sharing your experience with others. We strive hard here as a team to provide exceptional service to all of our guest and are delighted to see you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon, when your travels bring you back to the Goodlettsville area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Red Roof is just a basic hotel so i don't expect much. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations. We were just passing through and needed an inexpensive place to sleep for a few hours. The room was obviously newly renovated and extremely clean. We were pleasantly surprised. It's right off of I-65 and convenient to many restaurants and gas stations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank You to our guests from Auburn, Indiana for taking the time to share your experience. My staff and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our Red Roof Inn in Goodlettsville. Looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and it was horrible! The lady at the front desk was not very friendly and told us we should stay on the 2nd floor because those were the "new" rooms. There was nothing new about these rooms! The beds were rock hard, the pillows were flatter than pancakes and the room was filthy! We will never stay in a Red Roof Inn again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you to our guest from Lake Geneva for letting us know they experienced a problem. I deeply apologize for the quality issues you recently encountered in your room. After you brought the situation to our attention we have taken steps to encure that these items are corrected. Should you like to discuss your stay any further, please contact me directly at (615)859-2537 or at i0115@redroof.com.

Again, I apologize for your experience at my hotel. For your inconvenience I would like to send you one of our VIP Passes which is good for a free night stay at any of our locations nationwide. I am very sorry about the problems you encountered and hope that you will reconsider staying at Red Roof for your future travel needs.