“It was okay.”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Michigan
“It was okay.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent the night here on the way home. Needed a place to stop and just sleep. Booked this based on reviews on Tripadvisor. We don't need a lot, just clean. It is a clean hotel. But very basic. I booked the Supreme King. Not sure what made it supreme, except a desk area? Was just a basic room. The only new item was a new bath and vanity area which was nice. Perhaps that is why it was supreme. I was disapointed there was no breakfast offerings. For the price I paid, we could have stayed where a breakfast is furnished. It was suppose to have a grab and go breakfast, which would be a lunch sack to go. but in the morning there was only Little Debbie snack cakes to grab and undrinkable weak coffee. The bed was clean and comfortable. The blanket was very thin and I did get cold. Also, we booked a King and there was only 1 small shampoo in the room. Now, I'm sure they really could leave 2 small packets of shampoo in a room for 2. We made do, as it was late and we were tired. The door handle didn't function properly and my husband was left stuck outside about 3 times. When I reported it in the morning the desk woman said they need all new door handles and locks, but they just make do. I think this is an important update to see to. So, in a pinch it would be okay. but, if there is another option for about the same price I would go elsewhere.

Room Tip: We were on second floor on the highway side and could hear the traffic all night. For a quieter roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank You Nancy U for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak with me over the phone yesterday about the problems you encountered while being our guest here in Goodlettsville, TN. Please accept again my sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience you and your husband encountered. For your inconvenience I have placed your VIP Pass which is good for a free night stay at any of our locations nation wide in the mail and it should arrive in a few days. I am very sorry about the problems you encountered and hope you will consider Red Roof for your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This isn't one of the nicest Red Roof Inns, but it is certainly adequate. We were offered one of the renovated rooms and were glad we took it; it had a new tub, flooring, and granite counter tops. The dresser drawers were pretty dirty inside. The new night light/hair dryer combinations, while seeming like a good idea, kept waking us up. Honest to heavens, I thought we were back in the 80's with disco lights; the light dims itself and changes colors - Donna Summer songs started going through my head...If there was a way to turn that thing off, I didn't figure it out. This is a pet-friendly hotel with a large area to walk your dog which we appreciate, however, people - clean up after your pets! We are lucky to have hotels that accept pets and it would be great if people would clean up their dog's messes so hotels will still be available to us. The dog walk area was disgusting and there is no reason for that nor should the hotel be expected to clean it. There, that's my rant for the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
My staff and I would like to Thank our Grand Ledge, MI guests for sharing your experience. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the issues you encountered. Our goal is to maintain a high standard of cleanliness for all or our guests at a great price. Hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you and that you will consider Red Roof for your future travel needs. Thank You again for sharing, we truly value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had two opportunities to ask for service above and beyond. Both times the staff came through with more than flying colors. First, while already on the road to Florida, I found out that my dog needed one more shot. I called the hotel, where we were staying that night, and asked for a local veterinarian where we could get the shot. The staff came through with a recommendation where we were able to make an appointment for the next morning.
Second, after leaving the hotel the next morning, I discovered that I had left a small electronic device for my hearing aids in the hotel room. While on the road in Georgia, I talk to hotel manager Peggy. They had the device and she shipped it to my eventual destination in Fort Myers Beach, Florida via express mail.
I really appreciated the kind, resourceful, and professional responsiveness of the staff. I would not hesitate to stay at this facility again, nor would I hesitate to recommend this facility to someone else.

• Stayed February 2013
Peggy M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank You to our guest traveling to Flordia, Jim G, for taking the time to share his experience
and to tell everyone about our South Hospitality. Our main goal here in Goodlettsville is to provide superior service to all of our guests and assist everyone when needed. To our future guests I would like to mention that we are currently doing some remodeling/refurbishing here at the Inn. So please excuse the mess while we work to give our rooms a modern look and feel for a more memorable stay. My staff and I are always thankful to our guests that post a review about their experiences and it's always a pleasure to show off our Southern Hospitality.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Not new but clean and well maintained. Staff was courteous.. Room away from I-65 was quiet. Able to park outside room and enter directly which was helpful with dog. Also dog walking area was unusually clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob P
Peggy M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you to our guests from Milwaukee Wisconsin for taking the time to share their wonderful experience with others. It's always great to hear from our guests that travel with their pets. Your pet is a member of the family and are always welcome at the Red Roof.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

There was hair on my pillows & sheets! Blanket was like a thin curtain! I froze! Toothpaste spit on faucet! Paint falling from ceiling! TV was old and had rainbow lines all through it! No coffee in the rooms. A Nightmare!!!

• Stayed February 2012
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
As the General Manager of this property I'm concerned about your recent visit at our hotel. I would like to Thank our guest from Nashville for her willingness to share her recent experience, it is genuinely appreciated. I sincerely apologize to you for the unpleasant experience and inconvenience you encountered while being our guest here in Goodlettsville. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken with my entire staff to prevent any future occurrances. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Travelers are raving about these Goodlettsville hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Room was ok- nothing great. The usual issues for this price range- toilet runs non-stop, old beds, shower is just a trickle. The good is that the staff is very nice. The bad is that the internet is very weak. If you need half-decent internet it's best to look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You to our guests from Toronto, Canada for posting a review of our hotel. I want you to know that the main goal for our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. It is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy with your stay. I do want all to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously and that your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that all the issues you have mentioned have been addressed and the appropriate action has been taken with my staff. Truly Thank You again for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Tiredville
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Loved my time there, very clean, professional but friendly staff. When you had a question somethere was ready get you the answer. Really loved Peggy, she rocked and sent us to Woody's Steakhouse one night for dinner and it was great. Keep uo the good work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
My staff and I want to thank our guest from Tiredville for taking the time to post a review concerning their stay at our Inn located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. We truly appreciate all of our guests sharing their comments for others to see. I would like to mention we are currently doing some refurbishing here at the Inn. So please excuse the mess while we work to give our rooms a more up to date look and feel for our guests. Come and see our new modern rooms that are always clean, comfortable and at an affordable price.