“Needs renovating, not worth more than $50/nt”

Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
“Needs renovating, not worth more than $50/nt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

While it is certainly cheap, you get what you pay for. This hotel is not very clean; the carpet was covered in stains, the furniture is dirty, the wallpaper is falling off, and it is in overall need of major renovation. We paid $50/nt, so I can't complain, but I doubt we would stay here again. However, the location was fine--a safe spot near restaurants and the interstate.

• Stayed October 2012
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I want to thank our guests for taking the time to post a review concerning their stay at our Inn located in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. My staff and I truly appreciate all of our guests sharing their comments and concerns. If any concerns are mentioned, I want all to know they are taken seriously. I give my personnal attention and address the situation immediately. As stated we are currently doing some refurbishing here at the Inn. So please excuse the mess while we work to give our rooms a more up to date look and feel for our guests. Come and see our new modern rooms that are always clean, comfortable and at an affordable price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

the rooms are very clean.the staff is very friendly and helpful,convenient location.I work out of town and me and my company stay here when were in town and never have any problems with check in or check out .i travel alot and that is a big factor for me in what makes a great hotel experince.Its also located close to many restraunts and shopping. the property is kept clean and tidy.theres never any worries about leaving my stuff in my room.everybody is veryrespectful to my stuff when they clean and i appreciate that.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You to our guest Kevin H. for sharing your stay with us. My staff and I are always glad to have our guests post a review about their experiences. It gives everyone a view of the hotel from another guests perspective. It lets us see what we are doing right or wrong so improvements can be made if needed. We truly appreciate you sharing your stay with everyone and as always Thank You for choosing Red Roof as your destination hotel Kevin.
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here during my move from Michigan The staff there are very friendly. During my stay I recieve very good discounts rates, The housekeeping and Maintenance staff did a wonderful job when it came to cleaning my room and the ground keeping of the property was very well kept.I never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before but I sure do hope that all the propertys are as great as this one. Thanks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank You to our guest MsGr of Michican for sharing your pleasant stay with us. We truly appreciate our guests posting all their comments and/or concerns so others can read. It lets us know if there is anything we need to improve upon to make everyones stay an enjoyable one. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs and my staff and I look forward to seeing you on a return visit to Goodlettsville, TN.
Dunedin, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The room itself was very nice. It was very clean and well kept. It wasn't a grand hotel but perfect for a passer by like myself. I stayed with my dog for the night on the way to Michigan. It's in a convenient location right off the highway. There is easy access to a couple gas stations, a few stores and several restaurants. Overall it was perfect for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
My staff want to THANK YOU and let you know we truly appreciate our guests sharing their comments and/or concerns about their stay. We are currently doing some refurbishing/remodel here at the Inn. So, please excuse the mess while we work to give our rooms a new modern look and feel that are always clean, comfortable and affordable. Thank you for choosing Red Roof for your lodging needs
Salford, Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This motel is very convient for the interstate, petrol station, supermarket and food outlets. On first arriving, was a little disappointed. I know the motel is currently being renovated but it would have looked so much better from the outside, had the doors to the rooms been given a coat of nice bright gloss paint. The room itself had been renovated with new bathroom suite, carpet, iron and ironing board. The fridge came in useful and the free wi-fi was appreciated. I could not complain about the room itself, it served its purpose (stayed four nights). We used it just as a base to sleep, and could not really complain about it. The bed was clean and comfy and the price is right. It was very close to the interstate but didn't find the noise from the traffic a problem. Some negative comments from others, can't see what they complain about. How can you complain about having two flies in your room, that certainly is not the motel's fault !!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

When i say that this was really nothing to write home about , it was just a 7 on a scale of 1 to 20. The housekeeper needs to learn how to clean a room , look like a dog food near the wall when you come in the door. Had two flies in the room that drove me crazy most of the night i`m sure it was from leaving the door open while cleaning the room. Sleeping was good once i got to sleep , and then i was given an extra hour to check out , all and all not bad have stayed in worse places then this ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Rev Roderick S
benjenmin, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Nashville North, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank You to our guest from the KY State for sharing your experience with us. It's disappointing to learn that any of our guests are unhappy with their stay, but your willingness to share your recent stay is greatly appreciated. We take all of our guests comments and concerns seriously so please be assured that the issues that are raised are always addressed and the appropriate actions are taken with the entire staff. Our number one goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. Thank You again for taking the time to share your experience and concerns. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

While driving through Nashville, I needed a place that would accommodate me at 9am for early check-in as well as a place that was pet-friendly. Considering I had stayed at a BEAUTIFUL Red Roof Inn located in Locust Grove, Georgia a few days prior, I decided to go with the option located in north Nashville (Goodlettsville) since I was not feeling well and was traveling with a pet. This property is suitable, but certainly is not the NEXT GEN of Red Roof Inn's. It is a typical "motel" with rooms you access from the exterior. It is obvious the owners are trying to do renovations. My room was room #208 and had outdated decor. However, considering I wasn't feeling well and had my mini-dachshund with me, it was suitable to take a nap, shower, and then move on. The employees I encountered in the morning when I asked for an early check-in were very friendly. However, when I checked out at approximately midnight, the employee seemed a bit "put off" that I wanted to check out because she hadn't had a chance to do the night audit and wouldn't be able to give me a receipt. Furthermore, she informed me that additional taxes/fees would make my room charge considerably more. This is what surprised me. Considering I stayed at a Red Roof Inn Next Gen location in Locust Grove, Georgia just a few days prior and paid $65.50 for an absolutely beautiful room and now paid $82.30 for an outdated room with indoor/outdoor carpet, wooden creeky stairs, etc, I was a bit surprised. Another thing that surprised me with the rate is at the Locust Grove location, the employee was very up front with me about the rate, "The rate is $58.02 but will come to $65.50 with all taxes." When in Goodlettsville, TN that was never mentioned. Hence, when I signed in at 9am and was told the rate would be $64 but then get a bill for $82.30, I was not pleased. Perhaps if the accommodations would have been as nice as the Locust Grove location, I wouldn't have blinked an eye at paying the $82.30. However, $82.30 is expensive considering the conditions of this particular Red Roof Inn. On a positive note, as mentioned earlier, the morning employees were friendly, it is in a safe location, and close to restaurants & various shopping centers/malls, and is pet friendly. I believe $70.00 tops is a fair price to pay for this location.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at a Red Roof Inn, make sure it is a "Next Gen" location. Otherw...