“Under Construction” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Corydon, Indiana
“Under Construction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I dont know what else to say, except staff was really great, got a room I did not want but to tired to complain. We could not use the pool. but breakfast was good as usual. When I booked the room, i was not notified in anyway that this hotel was under construction.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lilburn, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else till they are done with the construction and remodeling. Good location but the cleanliness leaves much to be desired. Pet friendly means you can be eating with dogs all around the food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was here with my dog the first night on the 3rd floor, and the maid woke us up at 8am slamming doors. I phoned the front desk and was immediately switched to a quieter room on the first floor - 148, a handicap king suite. The hotel rooms are all brand new, tempurpedic beds and new televisions and all! I got the best nights sleep while I was here! There is construction going on at the front desk but they have a temporary front desk set up in a different area. It was slightly inconvenient but not enough that I had any trouble finding the front desk or getting my stuff into my room. The staff here is wonderful! There were a few times that I needed something like a spoon or my room key fixed and they took care of everything immediately. The young lady, Stacy, working at the front desk on the night shift was very courteous and helpful. I had to let my dog out a number of times throughout the night and she kept an eye out for me because I was here alone. Anytime I was at the front desk, I saw her helping customers and she handled even difficult situations with professionalism and tact. I never saw a guest leave the front desk while she was working without a smile on their face! Ashtin and Ashley were also very helpful, outgoing, and upbeat! The price and location were great, breakfast was okay, parking was okay, and the construction was inconvenient.. but I would happily stay here again because of the kind and attentive nature of the staff! The service you receive at any hotel can make or break your stay and they definitely made it! This La Quinta is now my official go-to hotel when I come back to the Nashville area. :]

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are great! First floor rooms 140-150 are quieter. Very dog friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel is in need of serious renovation. The entry doors were filthy, the hallway tile was very dirty as was the hallway carpeting. The floor in the room had not be vacuumed. It is in a terrible part of the town. I was afraid to go out for food & there was nothing nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The people who work here are fine, but the construction was much more than I expected.
We parked as close to the entrance as we could, but I had a hard time with the makeshift
handicapped ramp. It was a board leaned against a curb and hard to use. The roofers were
operating directly above the parking spaces, and those spaces should have been closed off.
We were concerned that some of the various materials dropping around would hit our car.

The room was OK, but the breakfast was substandard, and lacking. I feel sorry for the staff, the breakfast server, and anyone who has to deal with the remodeling. I expected to make some accommodations for the work, but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Park away from falling objects! Wait until the lobby is open, and the remodel is over.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank shirleyalice
Texarkana, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Staff was fairly rude. Our room was nice though. Our window was blocked by construction. The elevator by our room on the 2nd floor was out of order because of renovation. Had no view. Limited parking. Had to park next to a bulldozer. Breakfast was gone literally at 9. Nothing was left. The housekeeping didn't come and clean and replenish our towels and washcloths the 2nd day. Overall below average La Quinta.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Despite the construction, the rooms are beautiful and the price is great. Overall the staff was nice and accommodating. One manager asked my husband if everything was going well. My husband hesitated. The manager insisted my husband speak what was on his mind. When my husband explained that the rooms could be bigger, the manager got sarcastic and said we could move right now...to a king with a sofa sleeper suite. We needed 3 beds. How would that help us? Of course, we declined. Why ask if you are going to cop an attitude? Anyways, overall the rest of the staff was great. The bathtub had some left over soap that must have leaked from the previous guest and an coffee packet behind a chair. Other than that the room was really clean. The sheets kept coming off the beds. I would like to see triple sheets like many hotels have. It was weird seeing the mattress. I would stay at a La Quinta again, because of the excellent price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family