“Very Satisfied”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Goodlettsville
A TripAdvisor Member
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was very satisfied with this hotel and its staff.The weather had caused problems and they handled it great!! I would book this hotel again if in the area. Because of this experience i will try and book at La Quinta again if possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Upon arriving to the hotel we noticed it was under construction, so understandably, the check in process was a little awkward and out of place. There was no parking available in the la Quinta lot due to construction so we ended up parking in the restaurant parking lot next door. When I got on the elevator it shifted and creaked and sounded as if it could break down at any time. I checked out the inspection certificate and it was expired. Heading to my room on the 3rd floor there was a bad smell of smoke and old food. When we finally got to the room and started to get settled in we noticed the security lock was completely gone from the door. Not broken, gone. Anyone could have walked in that had a maid key to the hotel. We ended up sleeping with the lounge chair pushed in front of the door so we at least had time to react if we heard someone try to enter the room. I went back down to the front desk to ask for another room and there were none available that were clean. Step it up la Quinta! Under construction or not, you can do better than this.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Indytraveler2014
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

You are right, we can do better than this, construction or not, there is no excuse for what you described. Please contact me at the property so I can speak with you personally.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Excellent facility! Superb customer service! Was extremely tired from driving all day and needed to stop and rest. At 2:00 a.m. there are not a lot of options. The staff (Bob) behind the desk ensured, not only that I could get a room, but went out of his way to make me welcome. Great job folks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rugbyref12
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I am so glad you were well taken care of by Robert! Our renovation will be completed in April, so I hope you are able to come back and see the brand new exterior and common areas. We still have a couple of upgrades going in the guest rooms as well.

A TripAdvisor Member
Powderly, Kentucky
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I will stay at this hotel every time I am in the Nashville area, not far from downtown with small town comfort. I did have an issue, which would not be a concern to most people, and the management and employees helped me and made me feel so very welcome there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hotel rooms and common areas have been tastefully updated - outdoor facade update is in process. Conveniently located off I75, but surprisingly quiet. Accommodated our small pet well. Great value for the experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

They were remodeling the outside. It needed it. Dogs stay at the hotel and there are smoking rooms. They were quite clean and even refrigerators and microwaves in each room. However, other rooms were not clean for the rest of our party staying there. The staff was not quite professional....one came in our room to install a refrigerator while we were about to take a nap.

Room Tip: ask for non smoking and without dogs
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for understanding about the renovation taking place at the hotel. We are doing our very best to keep the property clean and to the standards you expect form a LaQuinta.

Part of the renovation is to eliminate all smoking rooms. I understand that there may have been a slight smell of smoke in your room, however we are working on that and are now a 100% smoke free property. During your next visit, there should not be a smoke smell in any room in the hotel.
LaQuinta's are pet friendly with no fees, unless there is damage upon check-out. Obviously this is great news for pet lovers, but I can understand the concern for those guests that do not want to deal with other guests "children". All of our pet rooms, as well as all of our non-pet rooms, are cleaned daily. We have selected the first floor only as our pet friendly rooms as to not have the entire property over run with "four paws".

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope to see you next time you are passing through Nashville.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I like to find something nice to say and all I could come up with was the wi-fi - over 18Mbps on the 3rd floor. Other than that... The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. We're used to better at LaQuinta. The room, a king, was fairly small and lacked the refrigerator and microwave promised when making the reservation. The faucet leaks badly around the base, the vanity is too high for a 5'2" person and the lighting is poor. The room was clean, but noisy. Not much in the area for restaurants. We'll look elsewhere next time.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Goodlettsville - Nashville, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback about our property. As our renovations continue through April 1, we are continually getting better! As of Friday the 31st, all of our rooms now have a refrigerator and microwave, and new pillow top mattresses are expected soon.
The Goodlettsville area of Nashville has a large indoor shopping mall, Macy's, Sears, etc. along with any type of restaurant imaginable within 2 miles from this property. It is unfortunate that we did not offer this information to you during your visit.
Thank you again for helping us get better!