“Tom Bodett wouldn't be happy”

Motel 6 Nashville - Goodlettsville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Goodlettsville
Reviewed June 9, 2014

For the price, I wasn't expecting much from the room, but I also wasn't expecting it to be so unclean. There were large crumbs on the floor in many places, even after housekeeping came during one day of my three night stay. Prominent cobwebs were in some corners. The blankets on each bed had cigarette burn holes even though it was a non-smoking room. The no smoking sign was on the bottom of a turned over ash tray...it makes me believe that this room can easily be converter to a smoking room if neede. The comforters and some pillows had stains. The room had a strange, unpleasant smell. For $65 a night, I'd expect it to be a bit more clean than it was. Next time I travel, I'll shell out the extra money per night for a nicer motel.

The staff was nice enough, but I still wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Clean and no frills. Was happy to find a place that could accommodate two cars and pets. Front desk staff were polite. This was a cross-country trip and we did not have the same positive experience at every Motel 6 en route; this one rates near the top of those we found.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I went to check in for my reservation and for some strange reason the front desk woman informed me that she could not go through with my reservation - saying the Motel 6 has asked that I look for accomodations elsewhere... when I asked her why this was happening - all she said was she was not sure but she cannot allow me to stay at that Motel 6. I have no idea why Motel 6 has turned me away, when I have been a paying customer and have never done anything wrong while staying at Motel 6 previously - but needless to say I had to look for a hotel at the last minute that was pet friendly - and I was not happy at all with my experience with Motel 6. I still do not understand why I was turned away, but regardless I will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 EVER AGAIN - and I will spread the word that Motel 6 does not follow through with their online reservation system - as they are able to cancel your own reservation without any type of notice - regardless of how far you are traveling from - with a blatant disregard for the customer's personal time and money that went in to book the reservation and travel expenses to get to the location of the hotel. I traveled from kansas city, MO to Goodlettsville, TN and did not recieve any kind of notice until checking into the hotel after an 8.5 hour drive that my reservation was no longer valid. I cannot believe how ridiculous this situation is and the fact that I have to write about it is just awful.

Room Tip: Try the Days Inn down the street - they much more accommodating and much better customer service - i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank islandbabeeh
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Bugs, bugs, and more bugs...Room was outdated and dirty...The price was not what we were quoted on the phone when we made the reservation....We were told by the staff that we were getting a better deal than anyone there....REALLY??? We took pictures of all the bugs in the room....The clerk said "Yeah...that would give me the creepy crawlies"....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wanda S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived 4/6/2013 at 2:30pm. My husband checked in. We had a 1st floor room, 104 to be exact. It was terrible. It smelled aweful, like mildew & mold. There was hair around the shower head, and hair on the towels. Our air conditioning didn't work, and overall the place was very noisy. My husband and I was itching after laying in the bed. It was too late to go anywhere else. I will NEVER stay at another Motel 6 again! YUCK!! Very nasty place!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. They are disgusting.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Easy to find and good value. Staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and well kept. I thought the bed was firm and awoke without any aches or pains. (considering my age that is a plus :-)
Coffee was ready to go in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Clifford W
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, the lobby door was locked and had to wait by the night window. We could hear the clerk talking to a guest on the phone about someone trying to get in on them, he wasn't alarmed. He told them he could give them the number to the police dept, but it was probably someone trying to get into the wrong room. Checked in, got the key, it didn't work and had to go back. He seemed bothered that I came back. The key worked, but once you get into the room, you have to swipe the key again to make the lock go back into the door. We could hear the guests next door, that gave the impression it was a "no tell motel" and then we could smell cigs or something. Our room smelled of wet dogs. You felt like the room was dirty. The shower was and pubic hair on the toilet. HUGE MISTAKE!

• Stayed: March 2013